OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one at home marked 14k. Hope that's not fake. What a bunch of crap. Different maker though.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the future, a really easy way to differentiate between gold filled vs gold is the flexibility of the back or front cover. Gold filled is very solid and won't bend, solid gold cases are pretty flexible.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the future, a really easy way to differentiate between gold filled vs gold is the flexibility of the back or front cover. Gold filled is very solid and won't bend, solid gold cases are pretty flexible.
They are also generally thinner as in the thickness of the plates that the case covers are stamped out of. The rolled gold ones can also be magnetic but not often

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First... I want to say that this guy (from link ) must be really bummed as well.

Second... I had a feeling this was "off"... by the look ...
it totally looked filled... BUT I found this link... which I posted.

The watch I posted SOLD for 750.
Wow...... Poor dude got suckered into buying one for $750 I almost spent $100 on one of these about a year ago.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Beachkid! Sorry about your luck, but I'm glad I learned right along with you. For the amazing finds you get, this is a minor loss over the long haul.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First... I want to say that this guy (from link ) must be really bummed as well.

Second... I had a feeling this was "off"... by the look ...
it totally looked filled... BUT I found this link... which I posted.

The watch I posted SOLD for 750.

Your dang right i'm bummed! Not as bummed as if I spent $750 though!! It's not the end of the world. Just dreams of steak dinner turn back into rice and beans.. haha

I do thank you and everyone else for their inputs though. And here's one for the tax write off.. yeah to hard learning lessons.

I think I'll be very hesitant to buy one in the future for anymore then $20.

But headed to this new thrift store that opened here, hope it's a good one.

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid, at least your tuition for this lesson was paid for by things like that sweet coral necklace you previously found.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid, at least your tuition for this lesson was paid for by things like that sweet coral necklace you previously found.

Thank you. That's a good reminder. Although the sting still hurts a little. But at least hopefully no one here will make the same mistake..

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all is lost. I just got a phone call from someone to go look at their watches and jewelry tomorrow. Passed out cards even though I had a long distance area code and someone actually called. Said it was all their dads watches and grandfathers watches. I won't sleep tonight as the anxiety will be flowing!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Education is Priceless!

Way better than my cousin who spent $30,000 and dropped out of college. Well he still owes $30,000 and has nothing to show for it. Other than a really high payment for the rest of his life I think.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went to one of my moms friends houses today. And she gave me this watch. It's ugly as sin but it was free and I gave her $20 for a broken pocket watch.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499807394.503708.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread