tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to this indoor flea market to hunt for the goods. There's a lady that does estate buys and unloads much of the stuff she buys at this flea market and she also has booths at other Antique consignment places. $8.00 on the Jensen cufflinks and $35.00 for the running, So far - Omega 14K gold filled bumper automatic. I will be checking her booth now on a daily basis for a while as she filters in more stuff in, as it seems she just did a buy that has some old heirlooms. She's well aware she's undersells, but cash flow is key in her racket.

Attachments

• IMG_20170710_152405.jpg
    IMG_20170710_152405.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... stellar.
Well done Tam.

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice and those clean-out ladies have great stuff. there's 3 of them in my area and they sell cheap.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to this indoor flea market to hunt for the goods. There's a lady that does estate buys and unloads much of the stuff she buys at this flea market and she also has booths at other Antique consignment places. $8.00 on the Jensen cufflinks and $35.00 for the running, So far - Omega 14K gold filled bumper automatic. I will be checking her booth now on a daily basis for a while as she filters in more stuff in, as it seems she just did a buy that has some old heirlooms. She's well aware she's undersells, but cash flow is key in her racket.

My son is the exact same way and sometimes it really gets to me but he sells like crazy with literally lines of regulars seeking him out, and can sell anything Lol! :laughing7: He has some kind of formula based on what he has in it (not actual value) and the profit margin he wants? He's more into moving things fast and restocking. That would be WAY too much work for me! When he first got started, I let him sell a few antiques for me and he sold them for a lot less than what I had paid for them! :o Now I look at his things first and if I find something really nice, I buy it from him at a higher and much fairer price than he would sell it for. Like I really need anymore antiques as my home is literally full of them and I'm not an antique dealer anymore. I was when my son was younger and I think I've created a monster, although "American Pickers" is also responsible too... ::)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice and those clean-out ladies have great stuff. there's 3 of them in my area and they sell cheap.
This ladies a real pro. Has several employees and lives at a nearby air park in a huge house with a massive hanger where they taxi their planes right up to house. She told me she bought some kind of plane for he hubby with the money she makes doing estate buys. She used to put out all the sterling she'd acquired, but has made a deal with a guy who will buy it for 10% off spot now. No telling what he's getting lately, but I've got some awesome old silver pieces from her in the past that is worth well over spot as Antiques. She's told me I can give her a call anytime to set up an appointment to go through all the stuff she stores in their hanger. I need to do that sometime. She says everything she's got is for sale except her. That's woman has unbelievable energy and really hustles in the estate buying business she runs.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ladies a real pro. Has several employees and lives at a nearby air park in a huge house with a massive hanger where they taxi their planes right up to house. She told me she bought some kind of plane for he hubby with the money she makes doing estate buys. She used to put out all the sterling she'd acquired, but has made a deal with a guy who will buy it for 10% off spot now. No telling what he's getting lately, but I've got some awesome old silver pieces from her in the past that is worth well over spot as Antiques. She's told me I can give her a call anytime to set up an appointment to go through all the stuff she stores in their hanger. I need to do that sometime. She says everything she's got is for sale except her. That's woman has unbelievable energy and really hustles in the estate buying business she runs.

Run!! Don't stop! Now!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Love the sub second Omega's! Not a big fan of the bumper though but some people swear by them.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that bumper banging can be a bit annoying, but I've seen the rotor types get sloppy, loose and scar the movement. I've seen one even fall off inside the watch. Personally I've always admired a high end manual wind watch the most.

Last edited:

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just got one of these bumpers serviced not long ago. My rotor was loose and the simple fix was just to put it on tighter! They do come loose over the years but a skilled watchmaker can easily tighten it back up. Honestly, I kinda like rotating my arm around and feeling the winding mechanism! Post a better dial picture?

Do the cufflinks have a number on them? Jensen stuff is crazy expensive, I bought a brooch from them awhile back at a coin store for $5 and one sold on eBay a month ago for $300!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just got one of these bumpers serviced not long ago. My rotor was loose and the simple fix was just to put it on tighter! They do come loose over the years but a skilled watchmaker can easily tighten it back up. Honestly, I kinda like rotating my arm around and feeling the winding mechanism! Post a better dial picture?

Do the cufflinks have a number on them? Jensen stuff is crazy expensive, I bought a brooch from them awhile back at a coin store for $5 and one sold on eBay a month ago for $300!
I'll try to get a better shot with less glare later. The GJ cuffs are numbered 59D and designed by a Henry V Larsen from the little I'm finding on them. I so admire the design of Scandinavian cufflinks, not just by Jensen but other Scandinavian silversmiths who make cufflinks in the same way. To me they're works of art not only by design, but in their construction also. I put the value of these around $160. to $180. A decade or so ago they could have maybe brought as much as $300. I've had a couple pieces of Jensen's sell into the thousands.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread