Knife Help!!! Extremely Rare and Valuable Knife....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GibH. I know I did piss a lot of people off, but I think listing it correctly will be worth it. I think I'll see 2k for it. A lot of people have been messaging me on eBay. There were definitely a few other buyers that were waiting to snipe some bids in the last few minutes.

diggummup, where have you seen the ones for sale for 3800 and 3000? and when was that?
Active now this one, rough compared to yours...
Vintage RARE Custom Hand Made A.J. VANADrSTIN Robert Van Adestine Hunting Knife

The other ended in March, it was $3500 not $3800... vintage antique VAN ADESTINE custom made hunting knife & sheath | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Not necessarily. As it was, there were really only two bidding against each other. It isn't likely they were going to let other collectors know it was there. As for pissing either of them off, they aren't going to let that over ride their desire for a rare collectible. If it gets re-listed in the proper category and with the right title/description, it is still going to do pretty darn good. I don't collect knives, so I don't know it's value, but I'd be willing to bet it goes for $1500 or better.

All it takes is 2 bidders. I would imagine that anyone interested in these knives & serious about bidding on them would have an active search for Vanadarstin, the full makers name, & any variations of the 2. I didn't bother to check the category it was in but believe it's all about the keywords in the title. A good title with the right keywords & plenty of clear pictures will bring top dollar. Anyone that is interested in something like this knows more about it than the seller could put in their description.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
This is all well and good...but when are you listing that knife?!? We are waiting (me, impatiently) for it to start so we can follow along.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for the delay. The knife will be going up as a .99c auction on Thursday for 10 days, so it will end Sunday the 13th, sometime between 4 and 6 PM Pacific time.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered an auction house? That is where I send $$$ items. My sense is that wealthy collectors don't surf ebay on a weekly basis.

I am studying on items that I can buy on ebay and resell at auction houses.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
My highest bid was $672.00! Congrats on a nice pick and sale!! That last 3 seconds was killer!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad at all for a $5 investment.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I think there is a happy collector somewhere. $1000 bucks was a good price. Good for you too though. I'd be happy.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

buckstix

Aug 15, 2017
whitetail country
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone earn the $400 finders fee?! I love this site!

Nope. Although several people emailed about the original Ebay listing, I had already found the auction through my daily Ebay searches. Finders Fee is not paid for knives already discovered.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet! I will be searching for those knives in the future!

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was one of those that emailed. I had already posted the links here and wasn't looking for a finder's fee.

Welcome to TNet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread