Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this generator at the monthly Hospital Rummage Sale for $15.00 . It would start & then stall , so I took off the carburetor bowl and cleaned out the gunk . I removed the jets and blasted the holes withe carb cleaner . Now it starts First Pull . I'm thinking it's from the 80's ? 2200 w , I plugged in a skill saw , it worked . It took me 20 minuets to fix it - 10 minuets of that was me hunting for my tools .

Attachments

• PDR_5790.JPG
    PDR_5790.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 585
  • PDR_5791.JPG
    PDR_5791.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 340
  • PDR_5792.JPG
    PDR_5792.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 635
  • PDR_5793.JPG
    PDR_5793.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 220

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and it helps when you know how to get it running!

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and it helps when you know how to get it running!
Yes , I love working on small engines , My shop teacher , from High School (70's) has a small engine repair shop down the road from me , when ever I buy a part , he gives me shortcut pointers on how to install it . I also get a lot of info from youtube .

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably very little time on it. Sitting around does the most damage. Nice find.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yessir....being a handy guy has its rewards...nice find, and repair!
Jim

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buy!! Is it true with Craftsman, if the tool breaks or engine fails, they'll replace it for free?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buy!! Is it true with Craftsman, if the tool breaks or engine fails, they'll replace it for free?

Some tools, but not all. No on the engine.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think that tool guarantee is still in effect.
Jim

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Craftsman brand was sold to Black & Decker some time ago, far as I know, lifetime guarantee on hand tools still being honored.

Nice find, I do the same thing all the time with weed whackers/blowers I find laying in the trash. People don't seem to understand that if you leave fuel sitting in a power tool for months and years on end, it will 100% foul operation. Every single winter I put my gas power tools in storage and that includes running until dry, then draining the carb.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that tool guarantee is still in effect.
Jim
Officially it is, but trying to get the stores to honor it is truly a pain in the butt!!! I used to restore a lot of power tools, and have the book with the model numbers that'd tell you what company made them for Sears. I haven't been able to find anything from the service centers except for common screws nuts and bolts and such for a long time. Heck of a lot easier ordering from the manufacturer if they're still in business. Sears had stuff at the service center that was returned & refurbished for like 1/4 the cost of new on vacuum covered packages. The best part was they were QCed two more times than the new. You got a heck of a deal! Is it mounted to the board it's on? If so it looks like someone found out they'll walk across the yard.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Craftsman brand was sold to Black & Decker some time ago, far as I know, lifetime guarantee on hand tools still being honored.

Nice find, I do the same thing all the time with weed whackers/blowers I find laying in the trash. People don't seem to understand that if you leave fuel sitting in a power tool for months and years on end, it will 100% foul operation. Every single winter I put my gas power tools in storage and that includes running until dry, then draining the carb.

Its that nasty corn booze they are putting in gasoline now, if you can find ethanol free gas around you that is the best thing to run in small engines.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Run a little Sea Foam through it to clean it out. Then after you drain to store, add about a capful through the sparkplug hole & give it a couple pulls. It'll start up & purr next time you use it. Try adding Sta-Bil gas additive to your gas, it'll keep it from going bad. I used gas with it in that was 7 months old. Didn't smell varnishie and ran great.

As far as replacement parts it's just a Briggs. The only confusing part is the numbers. You'll have fun trying to find the engine number parts. There's a few collector web sites that you can find the numbers on so you can cross to regular Briggs numbers.

Is that a plastic tank or just my blurry eyes?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread