diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a pretty good weekend so far. My three favorite and best finds were this 14k gold filigree oriental looking bird with turquoise stones. It weighs 5.3 grams. Should I ask double the scrap value on this one?

101_0307 (1024x826).jpg 101_0299 (800x600).jpg

The book is called "Sleeping Beauty Memorial Photography In America." It contains just what it says, memorial (death) photos of the Victorian era. Good for a $100 bill.

101_0282 (816x1024).jpg

Last of the three favorites is an old Key fob and skeleton key from the Palace Hotel in Madrid.
Strange happenings...Just by coincidence I saw this exact key and fob on ebay last week in the sold listings while researching something else. Then all of a sudden I see the same one several days later at an estate sale, strange indeed. There have been a couple that have sold for between $40 and $50.

101_0283 (871x1024).jpg

Other pictured items include an older Buck Pathfinder, pair of Ray Ban "New Wafarers" with the RB logo on the one lens, a sterling golf ball marker from the 1983 Masters, a hefty pair of Taxco clip on earrings, an Aussie shilling silver coin bracelet, a Hickok sterling buckle with my initial on it and two pieces that I thought were silver but are not. A Harmony Globe bell pendant that is marked KM SW Mexico nickel (most of the ones I've seen in the past were sterling). I didn't have my loupe so I couldn't see the markings clearly. The other is the Mexican Peso from 1959. Have to brush up on Mexican silver coins I guess. All in all I spent $110 on everything and have another 20 pieces of costume jewelry and a dozen or so more books worth selling that aren't pictured. I'm a happy camper. Everything came from the same sale except the book, and it was $1.

101_0302 (613x1024).jpg

PS- I found (in a drawer) a couple 100 gram Johnson Matthey silver bars at the sale where I got the gold and silver. The lady having the estate sale (family member) didn't know they were there and kept them when it came time to pay for my items. She said her uncle would buy everyone in the family one, every year for Christmas and she's still missing a few somewhere in the house. Good luck after the mob hit today.

pps- sorry for the crappy photos, my regular camera took a dump on me.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dig...

Any scratches on the Rays ?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the lenses are good to go. It's funny because I wasn't familiar with Ray Ban's "New Wayfarer" lens marking. I seriously thought they were a good looking pair of fakes until I read up about the RB on the one lens, instead of the older BL mark on both lenses. That's what was throwing me off. Now I need one of those Ray Ban cases that I'm used to see everywhere for a buck at sales. Figures. Bad part is I probably have one packed in one of a half dozen of so big plastic bins full of garage sale junk that I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread