A Few Yard Sale Watches -- Worth Fixing?

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling all you watch experts here for advice.
I picked up about 10 watches lately because they came with box lots of items or costume jewelry lots my wife or I got. I didn't purchase them individually so have nothing invested in them at this point. I picked these 3 out just because I knew they were more desirable brands than the others. Are they worth fixing and putting on ebay? Some may just need a battery, I haven't checked them out at all.

They are a ladies Longines, and ladies Seiko, and a mens Elgin.
etsyebay2 099.jpg
etsyebay2 100.jpg
etsyebay2 101.jpg
etsyebay2 102.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is probably bundle all 10 watches and sell as a lot.

OP
OP
Kentuckiana Jones

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JimDon. I was hoping you would chime in. That is what I was thinking too since I don't ever mess with watches much. I might wait until I end up with some more though. Would like to have some more mens watches.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you checked the small longines to see if the case is gold? If you don't know, just carefully pop the back off and check. That would make a difference in the price for sure. I don't know those well enough to know how many were gold, I doubt it, but some of those small watches were platinum. Kind of rare though and I can't remember what brands.

Just thought I would throw that out.

OP
OP
Kentuckiana Jones

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It didn't have any gold marks on the back of the case. I saw they made some white gold watches. I don't have a silver and/or gold test kit but am going to get one. The lot that had the longines in it had a pretty cz ring marked 925 in the band.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It didn't have any gold marks on the back of the case. I saw they made some white gold watches. I don't have a silver and/or gold test kit but am going to get one. The lot that had the longines in it had a pretty cz ring marked 925 in the band.

I don't know what you know.:icon_scratch: So, If I'm telling you something you already know. Just never mind me!:laughing7:

Sometimes the gold mark won't be on the very back. Sometimes it's on the inside of the back. And those lady's watches are pretty easy to slip apart. MOST of them. haha Some of the old ones go as high as 22k or....It might have been 20k? Either way, some are high karat.

I keep talking about this stuff in threads hoping that it all comes back to me, and to share anything that I may know. :laughing7: Kind of duel purpose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kentuckiana Jones

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you and appreciate every tip and bit of advice I get here. It says base metal bezel and stainless steel back. I should have posted more details about the watches. When I first dug it out of the box of jewelry, I was wondering about the part around the stones. It came out of the box that had this ring in it.
etsyebay2 002.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread