May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Seattle on a family vacation and on my way to the Theo chocolate factory tour spied the Fremont Street Sunday Market so I took a spin. There was one vendor with jewelry and watches. I zeroed in on two and was thrilled to get an Omega Cosmic Seamaster for $75. It was missing the crown but since this is a unibody case I figured it had a two piece crown which should be an easy fix. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502758137.617703.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502758148.956906.jpg
The Hamilton is a good pre-WWII runner with great honest patina. Love it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502758205.751164.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez! Omegas are popping up all over it seems. Like that military Hamilton. I kinda started a collection of military watches. I didn't get far on it. I had a ww1 Waltham sterling depollier wire lug, a couple WW2 era elgins and a Benus Type 2 I paid $60. for in an antique store, but then sold it for $1200. Within the last maybe 6 or 7 years now I decided to only buy certain watches if the price is right and just hang on to them.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez! Omegas are popping up all over it seems. Like that military Hamilton. I kinda started a collection of military watches. I didn't get far on it. I had a ww1 Waltham sterling depollier wire lug, a couple WW2 era elgins and a Benus Type 2 I paid $60. for in an antique store, but then sold it for $1200. Within the last maybe 6 or 7 years now I decided to only buy certain watches if the price is right and just hang on to them.

You are correct. Omegas have been everywhere on these sites lately. Glad I'm one of them!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have bought that Omega if you hadn't haha!! Great find for $75! expect an original crown for more than $40 or so.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have bought that Omega if you hadn't haha!! Great find for $75! expect an original crown for more than $40 or so.

Sorry I got it before you (no I'm not lol) it was great running into you considering I am from 2500 miles away. Small world for sure. I just wish I knew it was you at the time . There is the correct crown on eBay for $34 and a stem for $20. I'm still looking around but may pull the trigger.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just got my watch back from service. I ended up buying the stem and a crown on eBay and sent it to Ebed on eBay. He charges $98 for service and he did a great job. Turns out the date function was broken but he was able to figure out what was wrong and was able to fix it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505047581.178574.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just got my watch back from service. I ended up buying the stem and a crown on eBay and sent it to Ebed on eBay. He charges $98 for service and he did a great job.

Good to know. Most places I could find for service have been much higher.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never go into swimming pools. Well not never but rarely once every 5 years or so. 3 weeks ago I went swimming and wore my 1969 1675 Rolex GMT because I did not want to leave it in the hotel room. I check the tightness on my crown and went in AAARGH It took on water. There was a nearly invisible crack in the crystal at 11 o clock. I fedex'd it home to my jeweler and he had it within 48 hours of intake. It rusted so fast it took out the entire winding mechanism. 1500 bucks later Its back. Sniff

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never go into swimming pools. Well not never but rarely once every 5 years or so. 3 weeks ago I went swimming and wore my 1969 1675 Rolex GMT because I did not want to leave it in the hotel room. I check the tightness on my crown and went in AAARGH It took on water. There was a nearly invisible crack in the crystal at 11 o clock. I fedex'd it home to my jeweler and he had it within 48 hours of intake. It rusted so fast it took out the entire winding mechanism. 1500 bucks later Its back. Sniff

OMG. That is awful. Never wear a vintage watch in the water. Never. I think you learned it the hard way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread