Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving back to work from lunch and passed through the neighborhood streets

I see a sign that says free and couldn't get out of my car fast enough

I see some sweepers and junk. But what caught my eye was the hummels!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503520174.888584.jpg

The 3 are on the right are hummels and need some help on who made the others

The oldest one is 1938. And they are worth a few bucks!!

I then see a guy at the front door and ask him if anything Else is going to be thrown away. He told me that he just bought the house today and the entire house is going to be trashed it was in a state for 100-year-old man who passed away his family had already search the house

He let me in and I found a few nice items

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522014.990675.jpg

The original Sesame Street playhouse. Probably get $150

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522041.922614.jpg

Stag handle serving set from England . About $100

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522073.141571.jpg
Nice coon trap. Keeping for myself

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522091.440231.jpg

Radio keeping for my self

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522110.142407.jpg

Glass swan. I don't know glassware but this caught my eye. No makers mark that I can find. Any ideas?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522147.251274.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522156.311363.jpg

A few of these porcellain statues. I don't know the hallmark and can't find anything on it. Any ideas?

I tore this house apart. I flipped the mattresses. Tore the back off of paintings and checked under every drawer. No cash to be found

Now here is where I gained a ton of good karma

The guy was downstairs while I was searching the bedroom and in the nightstand buried under a bunch of picture. I find a small bag. And find a 14k gold diamond band. And a 14k gold ruby and diamond ring

He told me I could have anything in the house and I fought with my self and my conscience and in the end I gave him the rings.

It may work out in my good favor because I gave him my number (he flips houses ). He obviously doesn't know anything about collectibles. I told him I would help him on cleanouts and we can split some money on selling items worth money

The sad thing is everything else in the house is going in a dumpster tomorrow. I could probably flip what's left in the house for about 7-8 k. Maybe will stop back tomorrow

Here are the rings

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503522491.053840.jpg

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a better look at the Sesame Street set. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503529876.988447.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into a situation like that a few months back, good on you for bringing the rings to his attention.

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The glass swan looks like Murano glass. That style seems to sell on eBay for around $5-$25ish range. Yours has nice colors though so I'd guess at least $15+ if no damage. Maybe more if you sell on Etsy or Ruby Lane etc...

Nice of you on the rings.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Sort of sad that someone's life is being thrown away... this biz always seems to effect me. I am happy to see you saved a few items. Great call on the rings. It was the right thing to do. It may reap rewards in the future.

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Sort of sad that someone's life is being thrown away... this biz always seems to effect me. I am happy to see you saved a few items. Great call on the rings. It was the right thing to do. It may reap rewards in the future.

I am trying to get back in today and grab a few more items I researched that could have some value. Hopefully I can get in there again. I just ran up and left a bit on the door to call me before the junk crew gets there. I will take pics of the inside if I do

Really sad the family didn't want any of the 1000's of pictures and religious memerobilia that was all family related

It still kinda stings that I handed him diamond rings even though he said I can have anything. But hoping he will call me on future clean outs

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You did the right thing with the rings. Hopefully that will encourage him to get you more involved. Good luck!

EagleRidge

May 13, 2009
On the unknown figure. It would be Japan 1960s. Mine called "Slumber Time" has a Napco Japan sticker and "AH1K" on it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back before the internet, it was more common for entire households to be trashed after someone passed. Down here in retirement central anyways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread