OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all. We decided to stay. I'm not sure if that was the right choice or not but with gas problems and nowhere to really go. A lot of friends from Miami have come here scared to death. Some are leaving to go out of town tomorrow morning. I'm not sure we made the right decision. I've been through Charlie. I'll let you all know on Monday maybe....

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Huge difference between Charley & Irma. Charley was a fast moving storm with maximum sustained winds of 150 mph. By the time it got inland winds had dropped way off. Nobody knows exactly where Irma will hit or what path through the state it will take. Hope it misses y'all.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going back and forth to work to the Gainesville area when Andrew hit. I was safe up there, but my boss who lived in Miami, house got pretty damage along with so many others. What he describe to me is something I hope to never experience. Indeed evacuating with all the issues of available fuel and clogged highways sure does put so many in tough situation. Hopefully you'll be spared Beachkid. My prayers are with you all who choose to stay.

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Be safe, and be very careful around moving water. People often underestimate the depth and power of water moving across flooded roadways and other areas. Moving water that is only a few inches high can drag vehicles and knock over people that try to wade through it.

I didn't see anyone else mention it, but be sure to suspend your online store(s). Whenever there is a major weather event in my area I suspend all online activity in case of inventory damage, power outages, or shipping service disruption.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
After Andrew we drove through areas where there was nothing but piles of rubble as far as you could see in any direction. The piles were slightly higher where houses made of block had been. I know building codes were updated after that but truth is the codes are only as good as the inspectors.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geez I would be walking out if I didn't have gas. GET OUT

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left last night at 1am. Sitting in Walnut Grove Ga. right now. Hunker down Beachkid, looks like you are gonna get a possible direct hit. Prayers for you and your family.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left last night at 1am. Sitting in Walnut Grove Ga. right now. Hunker down Beachkid, looks like you are gonna get a possible direct hit. Prayers for you and your family.

Better safe than sorry. We're still watching as well, Ivan never made that turn like it was supposed to and put a good hurt on us.

Hope all turns out well for you Beachkid.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope they decided to leave. Seems he's gonna be in the thick of it now.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up from a nap. Saw the TV at 3:30 and left by 4. Drove 10 hrs with 3 kids and 2 cars to near Georgia. Slept in the car for 2 hrs at a gas station. Drove for 5 more hours to no where... finally ended up in Augusta Ga. headed to Rock Hill Sc. Tomorrow. Left all my eBay stuff but the good stuff. Feel homeless all of a sudden. Hoping for the best. But it looks like Hell back home. Sad.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out. Hopefully it doesn't intensify back to previous strength.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid, I hope you are doing well and your home is fine. Let us know when you get home.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We drove half way home today. No power yet. Fort myers got a beating. But headed home in the morning.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irma definitely looks like one that will be remembered for a long time. Pretty sad. :(

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We finally made it home. Our house is good. But there is alot with problems. We're going to take a look at our situation and make sure my family is taking care of them and see what we can do about helping others in our area as well. A lot of friends don't even have a place to take a clean shower so we're going to see if we can help out a little bit with that.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you faired well. Just got back to town a couple hours ago myself. 675 miles still took 11 hours to drive. Power is back on. Boil water order in effect. Neighborhood has piles of brush everywhere. Took out several trees, shrubs and foilage in my yard, including my little watermelon patch. Broke a few windows in the Florida room that weren't protected. Ruined the rug as well. Other than that all is good, no worries here.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach and diggummup, glad you guys are back home, safe and sound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread