omega speedmaster mark ii

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 weeks ago I was at a company ran estate sale and I saw this speedmaster in the jewelry case. I wound it up a bit and it started right up. They were asking $250 but it was well worn and missing the top chrono pusher, so I whittled her down to $200. I wore the speedmaster for a few days and it kept accurate time. Then i took it to my watch repair guy and for $150 he put in a new oem pusher, new seals and gave it a light cleaning. I got it back today and it's a real beauty. IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0076.JPG IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0085.JPG

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what was the better deal the watch or the service! Killer find.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a watch repair person give you a heads up if they noticed you were trying to get a fake serviced? I'd hope so, but I'll admit I've never had a watch serviced so I wouldn't know.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a watch repair person give you a heads up if they noticed you were trying to get a fake serviced? I'd hope so, but I'll admit I've never had a watch serviced so I wouldn't know.

I guess if you asked him the cost to repair and clean the Watch you presented to him then I guess he's under no obligation. He would just quote you for the service you requested. That being said I believe most would tell you if it was fake

Last edited:

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! I am a watch guy and I would be really excited about finding that deal. Congrat!

OP
OP
J

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The watch repair guy I use is an "omega guy", that's all he wears, and no, he does not work on fakes. I've used him for over 12 years, he does great work at a low price. He also said a full service on the speedmaster would be $450, but since it was running very well I said no. My brother in law and his friends all have tags and Rolexes, but I can hold my head up high wearing this.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good. I only looked at the first picture and it didn't look as if the sub dials were sunken and when you said the pusher was missing I thought that doesn't sound good, because you wouldn't expect that to happen on a watch made with fine Swiss quality. That's a great find.

OP
OP
J

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pusher was all there and it worked, but the end cap had been knocked off. I wish I taken before and after pics, the watch looked in real sad condition at the sale, I'm sure that's why I got it so cheap. In the end though it turned into a real Cinderella.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread