May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A neighborhood around the corner from mine was having a community sale. I drove around the neighborhood for 10 minutes looking for a Yard Sale and they were hardly any. I hate it when that happens. I ended up taking a turn down a dead-end cul-de-sac and on top of the hill was a house having a sale. They had a table full of jewelry for $0.50 each. I picked up two pieces that I thought might be gold. One was a beautiful stick pin with a very light blue stone. I could see a 14 mark on the back but wasn't sure. The other piece was a half Moon pin with a bunch of white stones. I tested both and it turns out that moon pin is gold filled. The stick pin tested to 14kt. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505617013.442864.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I've picked up I think three gold stick pins this year. I also learned that some of these Victorian/Edwardian pieces aren't marked but are gold. Usually 9 or 10k - 14 k. Awesome job JD.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently started to collect these gold stickpins and throw them on a sweater from time to time. IMO they are still very classy and provide a nice look. Best part is that they can be had for very little! Love that one.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Been doing that for many years. Once got a platinum ring for $1.00
My e-book "Stop for Gold" gives away all the secrets. But I have told most on my posts here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread