diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. Okay not really ancient, or even true amber for that matter but it is a pretty cool find. Well, I like it anyway. Stands 10" tall and the base is 8" x 5". Purchased at a moving sale for $5. Notice the little black specks on the back photo?

IMG_0144 (1065x1280).jpg IMG_0146 (1008x1280).jpg

Here is a couple close ups, I guess these are supposed to be million year old entrapped insects, lol-

IMG_0053 (1280x960).jpg IMG_0052 (1280x1086).jpg

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be very glad that those are ants and not scarabs in there Lol! :o

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty cool. Now if my Brother in law would have found that he would be saying it is 1000 years old and at the same time taking his pocket knife cutting at it. He has ruined a couple of good piece with his inquiring mind. Any way off topic are the Ants real?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty cool. Now if my Brother in law would have found that he would be saying it is 1000 years old and at the same time taking his pocket knife cutting at it. He has ruined a couple of good piece with his inquiring mind. Any way off topic are the Ants real?
Yeah the ants are real. Kind of strange though. They usually put insects in pieces of jewelry when it comes to amber, fake or otherwise.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the ants are real. Kind of strange though. They usually put insects in pieces of jewelry when it comes to amber, fake or otherwise.

You just gave me a great idea for all the love bugs I scrape off my car! :laughing7:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool! Is it going to be for sale?
Yes, maybe this weekend I can get it listed. Still trying to find something else that has insects embedded in it besides small pendants and such. I gave up trying to ID the ant specimen, lol.

You just gave me a great idea for all the love bugs I scrape off my car! :laughing7:
Yeah, luckily we don't have those massive swarms here like central Fl. does. I remember them well when I lived in Orlando and Gainesville years ago. Ran into them coming back from Ga. after the Irma.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread