The Garage Sale Owner Paid the Wheelbarrow He Sold Me.....

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garage Sale Owner Paid for the Wheelbarrow He Sold Me.....

When you head out for morning garage sales, the day can be a roller coaster ride.....:tongue3:

I saw an almost brand new airless tire wheel barrow and a table full of copper cooking items at the same sale. I've mounted a super-magnet to the lower handle of my lighted magnifying glass for jewelry finds and use it for times like this to be sure things aren't brass or copper plated..... The wheel barrow's price of $40 can be seen if you enlarge the pics. A sign was taped to the table: "Whole Table $15". As I new I'd need a new wheel barrow in the coming concrete work of the solar panels' ground mounts, I estimated that the copper could come close to paying for it....so I bought the whole table.

I just couldn't bring myself to scrap the tea kettle, the copper tray, nor the Pryex coffee carafe, but with the remaining shiny #1 copper and the tinned cooking surface inside the remaining copper pans making them #2 copper, it adds up. With the brass handles, there is enough to pay for it all, plus $2 profit.... ;>)

Last weekend, later in the morning, I saw a "picked over" sale. I found two brass 5 candle candelabras; one broken and one intact; got both for $10. Each one weighs just over 8lbs at $1.75 lb. for scrap brass for the broken one.... It will pay for their cost with $4 left over. If the intact one doesn't sell at our next garage sale, it will meet the same fate. So, the brass value of $28 will give me my money back and the $18.00 of the seller or scrap yard money will go towards the solar project......
tongue3.gif

Attachments

• Wheel Barrow $40 week of Sept 8.JPG
    Wheel Barrow $40 week of Sept 8.JPG
    781.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Front load No. 2 copper_back half is No. 1 copper  Pd $15 for all017.JPG
    Front load No. 2 copper_back half is No. 1 copper Pd $15 for all017.JPG
    566.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Copper Pots and Pans 018.JPG
    Copper Pots and Pans 018.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Paid $15 for wheel barrow load of copper...3 pieces too good to scrap..JPG