Finally another jewelry score!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored all of this at a community sale. Since it was raining this morning, there were only a few houses participating. I was the first one there. On my very first jewelry score about nine months ago, I made a rookie mistake and picked the jewelry instead of buying the whole tupperware full at that sale. Today, I bought the whole jewelry box, and it definitely paid off. There was a lot of silver and gold. Please see pics. Gold on top, and silver on bottom. :-) One in particular pearled necklace has a stamp that reads ATL 14K. Is that real gold or similar to plated? Thanks to all. I sincerely appreciate your feedback.

score3.jpg score1.jpg score6.jpg score5.jpg score4.jpg score2.jpg

Artslinger

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks looks you did very well Artslinger, usually if an item is plated or gold filled it would read 14K-GF I am not familiar with the ATL designation.

Great Finds. Best regards.

I take it that you know the easy way to identify Genuine or cultured pearls? Rub gently on teeth to see if Rough texture. If smooth is Not pearl.

Last edited:
OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I appreciate it. Actually, I do not know how to authenticate pearls. Thanks for the recommendation and guidance. I will definitely try that method. :-)

artslinger

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rub the pearls on the edge of your front teeth. If it feels gritty like sand paper they are real pearls if they are smooth they are fake. Pretty simple. It would be pretty hard to tell natural from cultured pearls as they are both made by a real live oyster.

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a gold watch in the mix also? Looks like you had $1000 day!

A thousand dollar day? I truly hope so! :-) The watch is actually 10k, seems like it needs a battery. I'm very happy with the score, hopefully one day I'll graduate and be in your league! Thank you for the feedback. :-)

Thanks to all for the pearl recommendations. I did the rubbing technique, and they all feel gritty.
Thanks also for the link to the ATL company, they are definitely a legitimate precious metals dealer.
My appreciation and thanks to all.

artslinger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread