Grandma has been at it again!!! Worlds first direct current moter!!!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Grandma found some insane deals this past weekend. She is 94 and still gets excited as little kid finding deals. All summer she supplies my antique store that I run as a hobby. The candlesticks are bronze! I love this stuff. She said the buggy might be worth $750. I love the microscope. Vasiline glass is some of the best!!! This is the worlds first direct current moter! She paid hardly anything for these items. I had a van packed full and had to leave some for later. Also a phenomenal 12 piece set of Haviland China that will pay for everything and quite a bit more.
0930171530-1.jpg I hope you all find some great deals, I love seeing the incredible gold and silver items you all find. Happy Hunting!!!!
View attachment 149 0930171231-1.jpg 0930171231a.jpg 0930171519.jpg

Attachments

• 0930171231_Burst01-1.jpg
    0930171231_Burst01-1.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 0930171158-1.jpg
    0930171158-1.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 193

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Microscope is awesome. Looks like sherlock holmes would use it.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I come over to your grandmas house? I want to go hunting with her!
She won't be at it much more. We have had some fun times when we go out together. I pick out stuff and she bargains the people down. She enjoys researching the prices also. She thinks that stroller is worth big bucks. The motor might be too. Thanks for the posts!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats all great stuff. Grandma has a great eye for deals.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She won't be at it much more. We have had some fun times when we go out together. I pick out stuff and she bargains the people down. She enjoys researching the prices also. She thinks that stroller is worth big bucks. The motor might be too. Thanks for the posts!!!

Dont be so pessimistic. My grandma just handed over her drivers license at the age of 94.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your grandma sounds awesome!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she kinda is. She started to have a number of 1-3mhp "accidents" at stoplights and decided it was the car acting up so it was time to hang it up before it did something seriously wrong

:laughing7: I love that older generation, Of course it was the car, haha!

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont be so pessimistic. My grandma just handed over her drivers license at the age of 94.
If I know my Grandma she will be at the sales this weekend. She is addicted more than me!!! She said she is done but I would like to see her go by a sale and not stop. Your Grandma made me laugh!!!!!:)

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that motor. Haven't checked but I think you may have something special there.

I love that motor also! I am having a hard time tracking down any kind of price. I am thinking of putting it on ebay with local pickup. Any other avenues I might try? I bought it to resell, some of the newer ones sell for quite a bit!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that motor as well, wouldn't mind having it for myself but I have no idea on price either.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The pram (baby stroller) is in really good shape. Your grandmother is a shrewd buyer, it's a very special piece. Is there a maker's name on it?

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pram (baby stroller) is in really good shape. Your grandmother is a shrewd buyer, it's a very special piece. Is there a maker's name on it?
Hi Clay, she thinks it is simular to an Edwardian baby carriage. She found a simular one on eBay for 750 dollars. It sure is a beautiful piece. She is a shrewd buyer, but I sure Love her. I haven't looked for a makers mark, pretty busy with life!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought my 90 year old mother was the oldest picker. I concede the crown! She still drives and mostly to Goodwill , Aldi's and for lottery tickets! Lol.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought my 90 year old mother was the oldest picker. I concede the crown! She still drives and mostly to Goodwill , Aldi's and for lottery tickets! Lol.

Good thing they don't live in the same city:) Lets hope for lots and lots of years finding treasures. My Grandparents owned a large antique store in Denver. She was so excited when I opened my small one. She loves looking at sales. It will hard for her to stop.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. I thought so.

I didn't even notice that vaseline glass last time. I see a few nice hard to find pieces there. I especially like the Richards & Hartley pitcher. It's too bad that stuff doesn't sell like it used to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread