Case knives The good the bad and the ugly

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought these today, another guy asked for old pocket knives and this guy pulled out 100 of them out of his house. He wanted crazy numbers for them and I don't know enough about them to be buying a bunch of knives. There was five the other buyer picked up and the guy told him $40. He passed on them but I didn't. I know case is a good brand. They are used, but wanted to ask you all what did I get? Some of them need some WD-40 or something to get them out. I think they're in the well used category.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508004754.115706.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508004793.937231.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508004831.218393.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508004854.550319.jpg

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big two blade alone should almost double your money... very nice!! I have a similar one my dad gave me for Christmas when I was 12-13... and it was used when I got it. One of the only things that I got out when my house burnt last June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
As a collector of Western of Boulder Colorado Knives I know that condition is everything for the higher selling models unless rare.
The guy that started Western and the guy who started Case Knives were friends and would go up and down the block selling knives. Case on one side of the street and the other (forgot his name) on the opposite side.
Good luck!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I like Case knives, but I got plenty already. Even my work (ie:, to be abused) knives are in better condition than most of those.

I even have a newer Master Barlow knife with the Confederate flag-looking handle that I got when I had misplaced my regular knife while out of state. It's made in China, and I still don't abuse the thing that badly.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The big 2 bladed one is a Trapper model...d2

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said above condition is everything. But may I add that the price point on condition is like falling off a cliff, or not. A knife needs to be perfect and un sharpened like new for premium money once it has been sharpened and used it crashes in value. For the money you paid I don't think you got hurt but all of these are crashers. Absolutely sharpen them oil them clean them and use them. Awesome stuff.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. I wonder if auctioning them is a lot would be the best way to go with some close-up pictures of everything. ? Kind of what I had in mind to begin with but idk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread