1940s Omega Bumper, and Movado Museum at community sale!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally scored not only one but two nice watches. First, the Omega Bumper model F6262, 10k Rolled Gold from the 1940s. The back is engraved "To my husband, love Marion, 6-30-45. The second is a very nice Movado museum model 84 E4 0863. There were quite a lot of communities today, but these I got at my very first one. The Omega is my favorite, of course, it's an automatic, keeps excellent time, but definitely needs servicing. 17 jewels. Please let me know if you have any information about this specific movement. Thank you very much.

Artslinger Omegamo1.jpg Omegamo2.jpg Omegamo3.jpg Omegamo4.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Omega! Those bumpers are a hoot. Seems it has some interesting patina and I truly love the engraving on the back. It certainly tells a story. The Movado is pretty nice too. Everyone should have one of the museum watches for the collection.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Artslinger, I liked your post ........ only cuz we don't have a jealous as all Hell button. Lucky dog, good for you. You found my dream yard sale.

T.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Omegas are just all over the place these days! I'm up to 5 now. Yours has a beautiful patina. I'm assuming you got both watches at a good price...

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bumper Omega is one of the first automatics. I have many. You did not say what you paid for these gems? I paid $10 bucks for the last bumper I bought. A real score for that money running. The movado I would have passed on. Some people like tham but I for one do not like the Museum watch. Many many examples out there for cheap and then they were highly counterfeited as well. Just me I do love bumpers great score!

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bumper Omega is one of the first automatics. I have many. You did not say what you paid for these gems? I paid $10 bucks for the last bumper I bought. A real score for that money running. The movado I would have passed on. Some people like tham but I for one do not like the Museum watch. Many many examples out there for cheap and then they were highly counterfeited as well. Just me I do love bumpers great score!

Thanks to all. I appreciate it. I actually paid $10 for each. I asked the seller how much he wanted for them, and he asked me to make him an offer. I was going to offer $5 each, but thought that I would be really pushing my luck, then. Still keeping excellent time. I'm planning on getting a leather band, as I cannot stand that cheap one. :-)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$10 bucks for a running bumper is highway robbery! Worth at least $120 running unrestored and much more in original pristine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread