May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also...Omega has cut down the list of watchmakers who can order parts from them. They have raised their prices for parts and if they suspect someone with an account is selling parts, they close their account. It’s the reason most watchmakers will not sell their parts, but will do the service.

Swiss watch makers are going to die if they continue this practice. The Chinese will just start producing replacement parts.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a bit of free time during business hours to call Omega and speak with CS and the parts department. They suggested i take the watch to a service center and let them take a look. The prices quoted over the phone (from the service center itself) were much more reasonable then the listed website price.

If i take the watch to them direct, they will look it over, let me know if parts are available AND give a written estimate while i wait! So far the basic cleaning/opening the watch charge is 130.00 If i go ahead with repairs, the 25.00 service fee is waived.

I'm looking at adding 4 links, cleaning, servicing the day/date wheel, replacing the crystal and giving it a cleaning/polishing. If they give me a nice box to store it in, they will have a customer for life since i'm a buyer and not a seller when it comes to nice watches.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a bit of free time during business hours to call Omega and speak with CS and the parts department. They suggested i take the watch to a service center and let them take a look. The prices quoted over the phone (from the service center itself) were much more reasonable then the listed website price.

If i take the watch to them direct, they will look it over, let me know if parts are available AND give a written estimate while i wait! So far the basic cleaning/opening the watch charge is 130.00 If i go ahead with repairs, the 25.00 service fee is waived.

I'm looking at adding 4 links, cleaning, servicing the day/date wheel, replacing the crystal and giving it a cleaning/polishing. If they give me a nice box to store it in, they will have a customer for life since i'm a buyer and not a seller when it comes to nice watches.

Omega here wants $800 to service a vintage Omega. Something doesn’t sound right.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega here wants $800 to service a vintage Omega. Something doesn’t sound right.

ill know more when i take it to the service center. My line of work has made me skeptical of most things, watch service prices included

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread