1970s Omega Dynamic from an estate sale junk box

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a really great family run estate sale on Saturday and found some amazing stuff. Since I had nothing to do this Sunday morning, I decided to go back and see what else was left when the hordes had passed.

I did lots of digging and ended up finding a large pile of nick knack stuff for me. Included in that lot was this watch.

I'm not too knowledgeable on Omegas but is this thing real? The watch does work and started ticking once it experienced some movement

The band has a 10-73 stamp and the case back reads Tool 107. I'd like to wear it if it's real and have it serviced/sized to fit my huge hands.

Attachments

• IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_5272.JPG
    IMG_5272.JPG
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 143

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say it is real. But the only way to confirm is to have a watchmaker open the back without scratching it. Nice watch and excellent with the original bracelet. Great score!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, I hate you people sometimes...

SWEET WATCH!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet my mortgage money that it is real. Beautiful. What a score!

artslinger

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome find, looks real and it's a keeper. those older omegas are really under-rated

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Def real. If that bracelet doesn't fit you though you may opt for a leather band! Making a bracelet bigger is quite impossible without extra links, unless it's just a little then you may be able to do something.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup real and a great sport dial with orange second hand. These are front openers so don’t try opening the back. Awesome watch! And yet another Omega to my NONE!!!

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the replies! I have been doing some looking for a leather band but i fear they are all to small to fit my wrist. Ill take some measurements today and hopefully i can find something.

In regard to service, there is a Omega store in the Beverly Center, which i'm currently doing work in, but the menu states an approx price of 550.00 to service/clean the watch, and thats without any needed repairs. Is there another option for service?

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Omega Service is only good for newer watches. Vintage Omega watches should NEVER be sent to Omega. They replace any old/worn pieces with new "service" pieces that collectors frown upon. A Service crown or hands won't be original "correct" to the watch. I would suggest looking for a local watchmaker who is possibly Rolex or Omega trained. You can also go to Omega forums.net. Someone from here pointed me in that direction and it has been VERY helpful.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega Service is only good for newer watches. Vintage Omega watches should NEVER be sent to Omega. They replace any old/worn pieces with new "service" pieces that collectors frown upon. A Service crown or hands won't be original "correct" to the watch. I would suggest looking for a local watchmaker who is possibly Rolex or Omega trained. You can also go to Omega forums.net. Someone from here pointed me in that direction and it has been VERY helpful.
Good advice.

Thank you all for the replies! I have been doing some looking for a leather band but i fear they are all to small to fit my wrist. Ill take some measurements today and hopefully i can find something.
Which is why I can't usually wear most watches myself. Great score on the watch! :icon_thumright:

Sidenote heartbreaker- I missed out on a Tag Monaco Steve McQueen edition a couple weeks ago because I didn't ask about watches. This was at a sale in an upscale neighborhood. A friend of mine who regularly buys watches walked up while I was there and asked the guy if he had any for sale. Sure enough, he had one inside that he didn't want to set out. He ended up buying it for $1k, recently serviced, mint with the box and all the paperwork. Happy for him but kicking myself for not asking first.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In regard to service, there is a Omega store in the Beverly Center, which i'm currently doing work in, but the menu states an approx price of 550.00 to service/clean the watch, and thats without any needed repairs. Is there another option for service?

I used the guy selling the service on eBay for $98. The watch came back in pretty good condition it I did have to send it back because the 2 piece crown was a little loose and kept popping off.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small Update: I stopped by my trusted jeweler on my way home and he did his best to discourage any service....yet. He's trained to work on most watches but hasn't really done much in the past few years due to lack of work in that department. Hes keeping the watch for a few days for observation. If it runs as it should, he told me to just wear it. Opening the watch could be the same as opening pandoras box. If there are obvious problems, then we will address a service. So far it seems okay but i can't figure out how to set the day/date.

Ill be contacting Omega for a few bracelet links and see it i can get this thing on my wrist before Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice.

Which is why I can't usually wear most watches myself. Great score on the watch! :icon_thumright:

Sidenote heartbreaker- I missed out on a Tag Monaco Steve McQueen edition a couple weeks ago because I didn't ask about watches. This was at a sale in an upscale neighborhood. A friend of mine who regularly buys watches walked up while I was there and asked the guy if he had any for sale. Sure enough, he had one inside that he didn't want to set out. He ended up buying it for $1k, recently serviced, mint with the box and all the paperwork. Happy for him but kicking myself for not asking first.

My jeweler and i were discussing watches made famous by actors and i couldn't think of the watch house that made the Monaco!! I had a chance at a vintage Monaco for 3500 but i didn't know if that was a great deal at the time and i was out of state with limited access to cash.

I know that Paul Newman's Rolex Daytona just sold for 17.5 million!! wonder if Steve McQueen's Monaco has been "found" and sold at auction.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My jeweler and i were discussing watches made famous by actors and i couldn't think of the watch house that made the Monaco!! I had a chance at a vintage Monaco for 3500 but i didn't know if that was a great deal at the time and i was out of state with limited access to cash.

I know that Paul Newman's Rolex Daytona just sold for 17.5 million!! wonder if Steve McQueen's Monaco has been "found" and sold at auction.
It sold in the July 2012 Profiles In History "Hollywood Auction." The watch was estimated to go for up to $300,000, but beat that estimate by leaps and bounds. That of course included the buyer's premium which totaled almost $150,000 more than the final hammer price of $799,500.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ariela...aco-watch-worn-by-steve-mcqueen/#483b2cec711d

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In regard to service, there is a Omega store in the Beverly Center, which i'm currently doing work in, but the menu states an approx price of 550.00 to service/clean the watch, and that's without any needed repairs. Is there another option for service?

Want to save a bunch of money and have the watch checked and cleaned by the best Omega Man I know? Peter Ryker- independent watch maker specializing in Omega and works on any High dollar watch Anchorage Alaska. I'll try to dig up a new number for him. Tell him Summit Jewelers- Big Dave sent you. Yeah, I have the same trouble with watch bands, BIG HANDS. Hehe.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Big Caddy, I was all over the Alaska Directory and did Not find the Peter Ryker also known as the European Watch Maker, the last listing for his shop # is down too, I'll try some other associates to contact him if he is still alive, bugt I am a bit worried about him, I used to weld gold nuggets onto Rolex, Omega's and other high end watches for Peter, he liked my work as I never warped or messed up any case, He cleaned a rolex president I traded for, for 75$. The Old watchmakers are almost extinct and not many young people going to the trade. I'll keep trying as the $800 and some quoted you IS excessive.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Big Caddy, I was all over the Alaska Directory and did Not find the Peter Ryker also known as the European Watch Maker, the last listing for his shop # is down too, I'll try some other associates to contact him if he is still alive, bugt I am a bit worried about him, I used to weld gold nuggets onto Rolex, Omega's and other high end watches for Peter, he liked my work as I never warped or messed up any case, He cleaned a rolex president I traded for, for 75$. The Old watchmakers are almost extinct and not many young people going to the trade. I'll keep trying as the $800 and some quoted you IS excessive.

My jeweler is of the older variety but has just shyed away from watch service. Parts are expensive and many watchmakers don't want to sell them; they would rather do the service themselves. He also got tired of the customer base coming in and complaining of a watch (automatic) not working right after service. What made him get tired was explaining to the customers that automatic watches require movement in order to work properly. Getting around on a walker/wheelchair doesn't give them enough wind power to function smoothly.

I'm going to stop by this afternoon to see what he says. If its running fine, ill get a leather band and call Omega for metal links to extend the bracelet. If not, it will get serviced at a much better price.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should also mention this to others who are looking for a watch service. Yesterday my dad mentioned his neighbor who happens to service high end watches (omega, Rolex, etc.) He offers services through ebay but since hes local, i can take stuff to him direct. If anybody wants an affordable watch service by a well trained and older watchmaker, send me a PM and ill get you his info.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Also...Omega has cut down the list of watchmakers who can order parts from them. They have raised their prices for parts and if they suspect someone with an account is selling parts, they close their account. It’s the reason most watchmakers will not sell their parts, but will do the service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread