A GOOD DAY.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been able to go to sales lately because of work but I did this morning and I got lucky. I found this tub of silverware on a table at the first sale I went to, I picked up a piece, looked and it and seen Sterling, I asked "How much for all" the lady said $60.00 I countered with $50.00 and we settled on $55.00. I immediately paid! My best find all year! Thanks for looking......

Attachments

• P1010069.JPG
    P1010069.JPG
    643.7 KB · Views: 176
  • P1010072.JPG
    P1010072.JPG
    465.7 KB · Views: 177

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score and a 12 piece set...nice! However, you are out of your mind negotiating at $60. :) I have the same problem, I almost can't help myself when it comes to negotiating. However, when it's that good, just close the deal. I've been burned too many times negotiating for pennies.

Awesome find!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fantastic score. But I agree with Silverdollarbill. I wouldn’t have been able to pull $60 out of my pocket fast enough!! Great find!

OP
OP
Rodbuster209

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! I still haven't found a set of sterling flatware anywhere yet for under $1k.
Thanks for the kind reply! I always enjoy reading the posts of your finds! I have been lucky, maybe its a regional thing, the kids (my age 50ish) being uninformed of the value of Sterling and selling off the elderly parents belongings when they die or put them in a care facility, I don't know? This is the third set that I've found and all situations were similar. Basically a family run estate sale.

OP
OP
Rodbuster209

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score and a 12 piece set...nice! However, you are out of your mind negotiating at $60. :) I have the same problem, I almost can't help myself when it comes to negotiating. However, when it's that good, just close the deal. I've been burned too many times negotiating for pennies.

Awesome find!
I totally agree, but in this situation there was actually two tubs of silverware and one of my competitors got to the table half a step before me and picked up the first tub which had the older looking pieces, The lady told him $60.00 also and he countered, so I basically knew what she would say When I took my tub up to her. Believe me I nearly tore my pants pocket getting my wallet out, also it was one of the few times I only had around $35-$40.00 bucks on me, (there was only 4 sales listed) but luckily I carry a reserve stash in my wallet for these situations! Thanks for looking and the kind reply's!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer find!!!

Top Member Reactions