New Seiko for the collection

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went today to the flea market to see if there was anything good laying around. Only took $100 with me because I didn’t want to spend very much. And I wanted to be picky about my purchases. Found a lot of vintage watches, one I might go back for next week if it’s still there. But I pulled the trigger on a 1981 150m Seiko dive watch for 50 bucks. Im happy with that.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515620862.440736.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515620887.565140.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great buy. I've got this one, but I think yours earlier than mine and mine only has a date window. I don't think I've ever worn this one. It just sits in a drawer.

Attachments

• IMG_20180110_153631.jpg
    IMG_20180110_153631.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20180110_153931.jpg
    IMG_20180110_153931.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! If you ever want to sell it send me a message! For some reason I feel like I need another one LOL, don’t tell my wife!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! If you ever want to sell it send me a message! For some reason I feel like I need another one LOL, don’t tell my wife!
Thanks for the offer. Everytime I think I need to list these watches, another voice in me say Oh, but they're so hard to find at good prices anymore and then I stop myself from selling them. I started selling eBay in the late 90s. I went and sold watches I picked up in my travels. It makes me sad to think about that now. There were so many more vintage wristwatches out there back then. Then I started finding some of the pawn shops I seemed to always find something good in have less and less available. One pawn shop in New Mexico that was a good place I'd stop didn't have any good ones like before. I asked the owner why so little these days? He said they've been flying of the shelf as soon as they come out now. Well that's when others found out that old watches make good money on eBay. It's just so hard to let em go now. As soon as I have a change of heart, I let ya know, but that may not happen till I die?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling. I dont like selling them either. Idk why I need 30 watches. I found a large box at a yard sale and sold them for nothing. But i bet i gave away a ton of $$. I hate thinking about it. Makes me sick. Lol.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the offer. Everytime I think I need to list these watches, another voice in me say Oh, but they're so hard to find at good prices anymore and then I stop myself from selling them. I started selling eBay in the late 90s. I went and sold watches I picked up in my travels. It makes me sad to think about that now. There were so many more vintage wristwatches out there back then. Then I started finding some of the pawn shops I seemed to always find something good in have less and less available. One pawn shop in New Mexico that was a good place I'd stop didn't have any good ones like before. I asked the owner why so little these days? He said they've been flying of the shelf as soon as they come out now. Well that's when others found out that old watches make good money on eBay. It's just so hard to let em go now. As soon as I have a change of heart, I let ya know, but that may not happen till I die?

There is no money in old watches. People always return them and say they don’t work etc. They sit for months on eBay with no bids. Everyone should stay away from them. Who wants an old Seiko like this! Get an Iwatch. ;)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no money in old watches. People always return them and say they don’t work etc. They sit for months on eBay with no bids. Everyone should stay away from them. Who wants an old Seiko like this! Get an Iwatch. ;)

I know. I wish i had an Iwatch. Would trade it for some old tag!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had good luck selling some of those 1970s era LCD geek watches. One Seiko I found at a TS for like 7 bucks sold for $220. It was real 70s tech. The guy in GB who bought it sent me a list of what he'd buy if I found any from that time. I have hand full of project watches from that time. That guy mentioned some made by Casio also. Yeah I ain't got a smart watch yet either. Wife's got an i-watch and it sure seems handy.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling. I dont like selling them either. Idk why I need 30 watches. I found a large box at a yard sale and sold them for nothing. But i bet i gave away a ton of $$. I hate thinking about it. Makes me sick. Lol.
Truthfully I like your Seiko diver better than mine, because yours has what I consider proper hands and chapters of a diver watch. I also like your robust looking case yours has. Mine is in pretty lightly used condition, but someone cut the extra length on the strap, as it was originally longer than most, so it could be strapped over the sleeve of a diver suit. Whoever did that, must have not liked that extra length hanging off there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread