Vintage Whites metal detector

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the first yard sale of the year. Well, it was more of an ongoing garage sale thatā€™s open every weekend. But it was on the way to our destination and worth the stop. I picked up a small sterling thimble for .50 cents. But the best find was this vintage Whites Coinmaster metal detector from the 1970ā€™s. The guy said it worked last year at the beach. I noticed that someone ran a couple of wires from the main box for whatever reason but other than that, it looks like itā€™s in great condition. It looks like one of the extra wires is for older headphones. The guy says $10 and itā€™s yours! Couldnā€™t pull my money out fast enough. I havenā€™t gone through it yet but Iā€™ll do that maybe tomorrow. Not sure if Iā€™m going to flip it or keep it. It weighs about a hundred freagin pounds!! ā˜ ļø ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516493962.096404.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516493973.929723.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516493983.579172.jpg

Last edited:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Whiteā€™s will have schematics and service manuals on this. If it has issues, they may offer to repair it.

Time for more coffee.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its amazing how far they have come. Great find.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my first detector in the mid 70's and I still have it. It was a pretty good machine, but as you said, very heavy and hard on the wrist after swinging for a few hours. It would go about 6 inches on a dime but most coins in the 70's were only about that deep where I hunted. Congratulations on a great find, it looks to be in very good condition.

PS: If you were hunting within a couple hundred yards of traffic, it would pick up CB talk.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Whites has some of the best customer service in the business. Made and serviced here in the wonderful USA. Sweet Home Oregon to be exact.

Kickitin

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my dad's, just like that one. He's the one that got me started in this craziness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread