Estate Sale detector and tools

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been to many Estate or Garage Sales lately but did find a few interesting things at an Estate Sale last week.
I arrived 10 minutes early on the first day of a sale being run by a local company that does a lot of these sales. It was cold and windy which probably minimized the crowd; I was about #12 in line.

I immediately headed for the garage and spotted a pair of new in the box Garrett headphones. Hmmm, must be a detector here somewhere. I spotted 2 detectors hanging on the wall, a 1990 Garrett Freedom Ace Plus and a much older simple DTex BFO machine. The Garrett was $40, it did turn on and sounded off on a coin so I knew it worked to some extent. I didn't see a price on the DTex so I asked the price; $35 but I could not tell if it worked so I passed on that one.

I spotted a unpriced hard shell case under a table in the garage and opened it to find a field technician's kit of all American made tools (mostly Xcelite, Weller soldering iron, Crescent, etc - no mistaking that Xcelite plastic handle smell!). I hauled it to the front, asked for a price - $20

Also picked up a nice 10x Belomo triplett loupe for $2. Its a keeper and now I can say I have something made in Belarus!

Not sure if I'll flip or keep the detector, I cleaned it up and put fresh batteries in and it works fine, just missing a knob.
It's kind of the same story on the tool kit, might sell it if would bring a good price, otherwise I'll just use the tools. I recall those custom took kits being quite expensive back in 'the day', figure these could be from 1980s, no later than the 1990s.

Attachments

• DSC_0138 (2).JPG
    DSC_0138 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0139.JPG
    DSC_0139.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0141 (2).JPG
    DSC_0141 (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0144.JPG
    DSC_0144.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find on the Estate Sale find of the Garrett Freedom Ace detector. That was a nice find indeed.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice electronics tool kit and I think I see a weller soldering iron.. Should get a nice $$ for it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice haul of goodies, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread