Zepplynn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2016
Houston texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Equinox 600, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
02192016 013.JPG 02192016 017.JPG 02192016 022.JPG 02192016 019.JPG 02192016 025.JPG The very old lady having garage sale was wife of deceased husband who was an Admiral in the Navy she said. He was given the album at a party at an Olympic party for top officials she said. Notice the signatures of Adolf Hitler and Jesse Owens. I researched it and it is rare. I have it in my safe at my house. I love history, especially anything to do with WW2.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a ton of stuff from WWII, Germany, and Japan including the occupation. Planning to auction in the next year or so. Very unusual items. Most of the German material I picked up at small village flea markets while my wife was stationed there. The Japanese stuff is mostly from my father's things from when he started in Japan during the occupation.
Related to the OP's book I have the two-volume set of the 1936 Official Olympics books for both the Summer and Winter games. That was the Olympics when Jessy Owens embarrassed the Germans by winning the gold. So much for Aryan superiority!
As it is, I personally don't have an interest other than having accumulated these historical items for investment purposes...hence their upcoming sale.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, it was a limited-release item and quite valuable, though the Hitler and 40 athlete signatures on the card inserts are all facsimiles.

OP
OP
Z

Zepplynn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2016
Houston texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes signatures are facisimilies, I just thought it was cool to have them both in same book. Jesse whooped Germany's ass that Olympics! USA USA

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zepplynn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2016
Houston texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SittingElf - Private message me, I would like to see what you have for sale. I would like a few more of the Japanese & Nazi items to add to my collection. WW2 & Early American history are my favorite. I am moving to Tennessee soon, so I am sure I will get into Civil War history after I move there. Funny how when I was in school, I couldn't care less about history but now after getting into metal detecting and researching old areas to hunt, it got me into reading about history as much as I read about treasure hunting.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I would have loved to have found that book. I was the same way when it came to history as a kid in school. Couldn't care less. Metal detecting and treasure hunting is what first got me interested as well.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see it has a photo of my gate.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I would have loved to have found that book. I was the same way when it came to history as a kid in school. Couldn't care less. Metal detecting and treasure hunting is what first got me interested as well.
I could have fallen asleep in history class when I was young, because it was the future that fascinated me then. Today seeing where the future is heading doesn't interest me at all now. History on the other hand is alive and it can take you on a long exciting adventure everytime.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could have fallen asleep in history class when I was young, because it was the future that fascinated me then. Today seeing where the future is heading doesn't interest me at all now. History on the other hand is alive and it can take you on a long exciting adventure everytime.
You said a mouthful there. The future nowadays... scary!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread