Help with a fancy statue thing?

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up an an auction today (along with a ton of other stuff) and can't figure out what to call it. There are no signatures or maker marks. Any one have any ideas? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520118991.395921.jpg

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful piece, dating may be difficult, but the whippet (dog) was a popular victorian icon, which would match the style. the style appears to be parian ware from the image, a type of bisque made to look like marble so definiately keyword towards .. victorian parian ware bisque tea time

The list of manufacturers it could be is short. There are collectors looking, but it may take a bit of time to sell for top dollar. It is not uncommon for parian ware to be unmarked. If you have an established Etsy page I would think it the preferred place to sell, list it high, and cross promote it on pinterest. If on Ebay I would list it high, be open to serious offers and let it collect dust for a few months

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help! Picked it up for only $2

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a high-quality piece. Very nice score at two dollars.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it broken or does the whippet only have one front leg? It reminds me of mozart ready to get jiggy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking piece! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread