Model Train Box Lot Interesting Pieces

chadkeath

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I am needing some opinions on a box of model train pieces that I got at a yard sale. The lot consisted mainly of the shells of the trains. My question is I got 2 train shells that are metal and more than likely o scale I’m thinking. They are marked inside with Atwater Models. I cannot find any information on them, not even on ebay. I know after 1947 I believe they went to Allnation. I guess trying to figure out more Omni them and why can’t find any besides the ones marked allnation. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 828511F2-290A-4D7B-BAC0-034AC5641E9C.jpeg
    828511F2-290A-4D7B-BAC0-034AC5641E9C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an F-3(A) deisel. Atwater Models developed the F-3 tooling and released the product in 1947. The F-3 loco bodies were made using pressure die-cast zinc alloy that included lots of detail. It came in 5 tongue-and-groove pieces. Literature proclaimed that the kit could be assembled with just a screw driver, as all holes were pre-drilled. The engines featured operating headlights, Mars light, number boards, and marker lights. Die-cast trucks with self-aligning replaceable bronze axle bearings in the truck journals were also featured. The engines included a Miller Laboratories permanent magnet motor for 2 rail DC operation, with the ability to utilize a rectifier for AC operation, and a wire addition to facilitate 3 rail operation. They used a hand reverse. The original Atwater-developed under-floor power trucks did All-Nation 'O' scale 2-rail F-7A & B Kit-built Diesel Streamliner detailed for the Western Maryland RR not function consistently.
All-Nation Model Trains

an5.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The must be rare. Only one sold listing for 3 shells at $175. Well done

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, probably worth some nice cash! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread