$19 = Tiffany, gold, and silver

pjdentry

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The community center flea market with different vendors was the only game in town last Saturday. I wasn’t in a hurry since I hate fighting the crowds, so I hit some unadvertised sales on the way there and found nothing. The parking lot was packed, so I didn’t anticipate I’d find anything great and I was totally right.

Until I came to this one booth. A bunch of older stuff. One of the buckles caught my eye and I took a closer look. Sterling. So I took a bit closer look and found another. Unmarked, so they were $1 each. Then I look through the $1 rings. 14k with no stone. Yeah, I’ll take that for a dollar.

Thumbed through the bracelets and found this heart shaped link one with little writing on it. I do love little writing. $2 for the Tiffany and Company authentic bracelet in 925 and 750. I turned around and sold it to a friend who is a Tiffany collector.

I also found the weird religious Creed bookmark(?) labeled Sterling as well on the table.
I saw the woman was unloading a tub of jewelry and asked her if I could look through it. She said yes and I dived in.

Penguin is Mexican 925. Ring is adorable and boxed still (I’ve posted for what sort of material it is, but haven’t gotten an answer yet) labeled handmade sterling on the bottom. The other bracelet with the monogrammed square middle looks art deco to me, but I can’t find any composition or maker marks on it. It has a red stone and a blue stone. The two turquoise and sterling pieces are both Mexican in origin as well. The pin with the black stone cameo is also unmarked, but looked good to me. I also picked up a small sterling pillbox that I went back and forth about it being plated, but later found a small mark on the inside bottom. The rectangular green stone pin has a name on the back, but I just loved the look and looks Mexican to me as well. It doesn’t look much clearer to me in real life than it does in this photo.

After I left, I texted my Tiffany friend who is more into Vintage Jewelry than I am and she spent $68 at the booth after I left. Which means I probably should have bought more. I requested some books from the library to use as references.

Apparently, they bought a storage unit at an auction and all of this stuff was from that unit. They’re getting three tables next time since there’s so much stuff left. I’ll be back. So you don’t necessarily need to be first (although that helps).

IMG_3120.JPG IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3103.JPG IMG_3102.JPG

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you have one heck of a haul there! Nicely done.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I like that art deco bracelet too. It does have an Egyptian revival look to it. Looks possibly gold filled or maybe 10k.
I like that ring with the big cabochon. It may be a type of jasper or even turquoise but that's just a wild guess.
I could swear I have a piece somewhere with the same stone. It looks familiar is why I say that.
Stick pins can be very hard to find marks on and sometimes they are even worn off depending on how much use it's had during it's life. Yours is from the 1930's probably and at least gold filled I would think.

Nice scores all around, good eye. :icon_thumleft:

I'm waiting on a call from a lady that has some Native jewelry for sale. I met her (late) at a local flea market and bought a couple pieces from her for a decent price. Said she was afraid to bring everything. She started talking about having bracelets that were way too big for her because they belonged to her husband, then her friend said yeah, "she has some of those big giant necklaces too, I forget what you call them." I said "Squash Blossom" and she said, "yeah that's it." So we'll see. I won't hold my breath though.

Last edited:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great score!! I have found a few antique stick pins that are ( and test positive) as 10-14 k that were not marked. Well done!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great haul, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions