zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180318_144307.jpg
20180318_144511.jpg
20180318_144417.jpg

Not particularly valuable, picked this up at a yard sale yesterday for $1. Mostly out of interest, as I had only heard of and read about lead/silver pieces before. It is the first non-silver piece I have ever seen that actually looks and feels like real silver. If the marks were not a give away, the seam definitely was.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area there is so much silver plate it’s not even funny. Especially those two piece casserole dishes. Always wondered if there was money in them. Normally I will pass on silver plate but I had to pull the trigger on this one. Very thin with pseudo hallmarks And everyone knows the difference between beaver and a lion passant . Lol. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521420691.917927.jpg

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area there is so much silver plate it’s not even funny. Especially those two piece casserole dishes. Always wondered if there was money in them. Normally I will pass on silver plate but I had to pull the trigger on this one. Very thin with pseudo hallmarks And everyone knows the difference between beaver and a lion passant . Lol. View attachment 1566151

Even if plated, that teapot is super nice.

OP
OP
zombieraccoon

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a pretty teapot, i rarely buy plated unless its cheap silverware, there is some that does ok, but this was the firat time i encountered a lead piece that was silverplated. Its heavy and and has the look and feel of dead soft silver. bendable with little pressure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread