diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got these books yesterday at a moving sale for a $5 donation because the lady having the sale she said she's not allowed to sell AA books I guess because she is/was in also the program? I don't know. At any rate I told her I'd give her a donation and she accepted. These were her dads books and he recently passed.
At this point I bought all of the AA books as to not draw attention to the only one I was actually interested in. The cover is tattered but the book itself is in good shape. It's a 1st edition 8th printing. Should be a solid $350 book.

IMG_3658 (1165x1280).jpg
IMG_3663 (998x1280).jpg IMG_3655 (1280x1056).jpg

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find never even would’ve looked at them something new

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always hated "Required reading".

But does seem like a nice little batch of books to nestle up to a cozy fire with ... and toss them as kindling when the fire gets low.

I can picture the "glow" now... me beside the fire...

With a nice bottle of rum.

:P

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find never even would’ve looked at them something new
Learned about them on here actually. The 1st editions are worth the money it seems, regardless of the printing number. I wonder where I can get one of those reproduction book covers that they sell for them. Not that I would throw the original out or anything.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Never would have guessed and eight printing to be worth that much

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will drink to that!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed the book last night at a reasonable starting price. Has a couple bids so far...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273160708828

Can someone look at the listing and tell me if you can see any information that was added by me when questions were asked potential bidders? I clicked the box to show it in the listing but I cannot see it from my end.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't see your responses on Ebay.
Thanks for the quick response. Doesn't make any sense. I check the box so it will be seen by all and eBay filters it out I guess because it already has bids? I don't know. Why have the option box if it doesn't work, makes no sense.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the same issues on an expensive watch I was selling. I answered the questions multiple times.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same issues on an expensive watch I was selling. I answered the questions multiple times.
I just hope it doesn't cause me problems because I found a couple extra issues with the book after listing it and after it had received a bid. Nothing major but things that should have been mentioned originally had I seen them. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I have a hard time remembering or admitting that sometimes I guess.
Once upon a time you could add a response to a listing when someone asked you a question. The option button is still there but I guess it's just for looks or something, because it doesn't work.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Holyground and I am an alcoholic and a one eyed sex maniac and I ain't kidding.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I just hope it doesn't cause me problems because I found a couple extra issues with the book after listing it and after it had received a bid. Nothing major but things that should have been mentioned originally had I seen them. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I have a hard time remembering or admitting that sometimes I guess.
Once upon a time you could add a response to a listing when someone asked you a question. The option button is still there but I guess it's just for looks or something, because it doesn't work.
I got around that once by writing down the issues, taking a picture, and adding that to the listing. No idea if that's still an option.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got around that once by writing down the issues, taking a picture, and adding that to the listing. No idea if that's still an option.
I still had one photo I could add. It wouldn't even let me do that. It ends tonight anyway. I'll message the winner with the additional information before I ship it off. I don't want any negative repercussions over it. With luck it will be one of the ones who messaged me. I'll be good then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread