Art from 3 listed artists, Gold, a few watches, and lures at community sale

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was another great day yesterday. There were comm sales everywhere. I was able to go to three. I spent most of the morning at one, since the comm is very large, and the type of homes there are my favorite, 30 years or older. I heard many sellers complain of the low turnout. I did not see a single regular picker there, and the people that were there, were looking for personal items. I was able to buy two 14k bracelets, and two 14k necklaces, a vintage Mickey watch (Swiss made), a Gucci watch, and a display case full of fishing lures.

First artist is Homer Costello dated 1957, this is the abstract one with the people crossing the street. Second artist is Louis Belky, this is the one with the seascape. The third artist is R.F. Bustillo (Mexican), this one is my favorite. It is set during the Mexican Revolution of 1910. It is of peasants taking arms against the government that was trying to take their land to give to the wealthy land owners. The fourth is a head scratcher. It is to my trained eye (with the help of my loupe), a watercolor, an original watercolor. The challenge that I have with this one is that it is copyrighted, and it also references the Metropolitan Museum Of Art. That does not make any sense, unless it's a commissioned reproduction from the museum. If anybody can help me with that one I would really appreciate it.

I was spent after this comm, but still managed to go to a few more. Had a great time picking practically with no competition. :-) Thanks to all as always for your comments. I appreciate them.

Note: The pics of just the writing are of the painting in question. This is the fishing scene.

artslinger

HC1.jpg sloop2.jpg sloop1.jpg L1.jpg G1.jpg W1.jpg RFB.jpg LP2.jpg

Attachments

• HC2.jpg
    HC2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 57
  • LB1.jpg
    LB1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 72
  • sloop3.jpg
    sloop3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is certainly a type of print. Any original would be worth six figures. As in interesting footnote my grand uncle was the caretaker of the Winslow Homer house during the 40’s. Love the gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread