ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saying...I was on back then...when you received and mailed money orders and checks for goods and eBay didn’t take any selling fees. And X pay (Paypal) hadn’t been invented yet. And you could contact buyers and sellers directly on their home phones if there was an issue.

After logging off ... I realized it may have not been 95... but yeah PRE Win 98 onslot.

computers were a mystery to the masses... and the internet... heh... that was like going into space.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...

Now after re reading... I have come to realize I actually left myself open in many ways to bd interpretations... so let me just set the record straight...

The whole "bottom feeder" expression was NOT directed toward anyone in particular.

And Dig...

I do not hate "glass"... I hate THAT glass.

And just to really "reset" your opinion of me and glass... let me just say this... I have one HELL of a serious glass collection :)

Just not that kind. :)

Nothing "wrong" with that glass... and my point to "28 years back ago reading crap" was to basically SAY that I have been into learnig that stuff since it was HARD to do and learned a lot about it.

See....

The items pictured on this post are.... IMO... repeat IMO... "a dime a dozen"...

See I see that stuff at EVERY sale... EVERY thift... everywere here.

PEople cant give it away....
I took it as a joke too, until your next reply. At this point, I'm over it. I hold no grudges. You did say that you hated glass with a passion, among other things in reply #20. I agree 99.5% of glass isn't worth buying. To me, since I like glass, it's knowing which .5% is worth buying that counts. I was merely pointing out which pieces in that hoard of common crap that were worthy of more than a thrift store of flea market. I answered the original posters question/s as he wanted. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. There are common items in all avenues of collecting.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it as a joke too, until your next reply. At this point, I'm over it. I hold no grudges. You did say that you hated glass with a passion, among other things in reply #20. I agree 99.5% of glass isn't worth buying. To me, since I like glass, it's knowing which .5% is worth buying that counts. I was merely pointing out which pieces in that hoard of common crap that were worthy of more than a thrift store of flea market. I answered the original posters question/s as he wanted. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. There are common items in all avenues of collecting.

Agreed :)

I love glass... just not THAT glass.

Hand blown and signed is my preferred.

I inherited a lot of VERY old pressed glass... 4 part / 3 part mold stuff from my grandmother... I kept a couple of pieces and sold the rest for real cheap.

There are some guys who really can spot the "diamond in the rough" pieces... that DO pull some money still but I have been so outta the loop on it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USe to love Majolica and Shawnee... McCoy... Redwing... etc.

Now... Fenton basket... will still buy for 5... IF marked. heh

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a buyer for just about everything. I commend Beachkid for helping out a friend. There is more to selling than profit. It is emotionally hard for me to go to EstateSales and though peoples things that they treasured and can’t help but feel like a vulture. What gives me immense comfort and satisfaction is that I am sending the items I buy to people who will cherish them as much as the original owner. Yes profit is why we all do this but there is a greater purpose too.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing - I guarantee someone will buy it.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
There is a buyer for just about everything. I commend Beachkid for helping out a friend. There is more to selling than profit. It is emotionally hard for me to go to EstateSales and though peoples things that they treasured and can’t help but feel like a vulture. What gives me immense comfort and satisfaction is that I am sending the items I buy to people who will cherish them as much as the original owner. Yes profit is why we all do this but there is a greater purpose too.

Nothing wrong with helping out a friend or getting satisfaction from passing items on to someone that will cherish them. I can't agree with feeling like a vulture. I've been doing this for quite a while. Truth is that unless there is a memory attached to something it's just "stuff". In this case it sounds like an accumulation of things by someone that had what I call the desire to acquire. In other words, a collection of stuff assembled by someone that enjoyed buying more than possessing. Nothing sentimental about the vast majority of the items.

I used to work for an estate sale company. They ended up handling an estate for a group of heirs that wanted to keep things in the family. The job was to price everything so the heirs could come through, take turns picking items they wanted, & would have that amount counted as part of their inheritance. Doesn't make any real difference but the amount of the estate was in excess of $20,000,000. There were 7 heirs. I was there the day they made their selections. One heir picked a small piece of furniture that wasn't worth $20 and not a single other thing. One heir sent his 2 kids (in their late 20's) to get a couple specific items & then whatever they wanted. They were still picking things long after the rest of the heirs stopped. The rest of the heirs were somewhere between the 2 extremes. We were there several hours & I talked a good bit with everyone. I specifically asked the people on the opposite ends of the spectrum why they picked what they did. The guy that picked one item told me that piece of furniture sat next to his Mom's easy chair & held her sewing stuff. He told me he would think of her every time he looked at that piece and that was good enough for him. The 2 kids told me they didn't really want the stuff but "it was just too nice to go to a stranger". There's no doubt in my mind who was happier with what they picked and why.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't have said it better myself. :icon_thumright:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in a world of "bottom feeders" "vultures" and saints.

Hrrmm... and who would have thought.

:)

Then what about those who just want to "pay to play"... like me.
They wanna sell... and I wanna pay... and collecting has nothing to do with the item at hand... and I am clueless as to what piece anyone may or may not have "cherished".

If I am gonna pay money for it... I will cherish it... trust me.

AND... get this... IF someone gives me money for it... THEY will also cherish it... until the next... and the next... and the... BAH !

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a break...

ITs ALL just "stuff".

People put too much attachment to "things" that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Love the above post about the person who only grabbed the sewing table...

See to that person the table is the "totem"... the "memory".

And yet to the person who owned the table... was perhaps "just a table" of no real consequence...
In fact the person... were they alive... could even say "that crappy table I hated that thing but had nothing else to use".

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Point is...

Stuff is listed or put out to be sold... to be gottem rid of... and yes... there is a buyer of all things.

Just not me.

I did the "buyer of all things" thing... and I needed a 5000 sqft house to hold it all at one point.

Recession took care of that for me.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS... if anyone I knew had the same sort of scenario as BK does... I would help as well... regardless of the "type" of stuff...

Just because it needed done... and they needed help.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525912663.521987.jpg
Now that right there is a horde. A tiny teeny little bit of it. Besides the 85 tervis cups (which by the way a lot of think 25 sold for 200 and some dollars on eBay keep that mind) there’s over 100 pieces of fire king and probably 200 pieces of pie Pyrex. Including 2 Snoopy mug and a bunch of sets of mixing bowls. And this is only a tiny piece. Right now we’re just trying to get anything out of there that we can make some money on and set up in a booth. And then I have a couple dealers lined up to come in and buy the rest and then having company clean out everything else.
Got some lamps too. Are usually don’t deal with lamps but these look like they’re worth a little bit.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525912870.472138.jpg

Overall this is a pain in the butt cleaning out this house. Four days gave it hell and there still a Tonna stuff there. Friend of mine has really done an awesome job and there still a ton of stuff there. So at the end of the day, hope we make some money and learn about something I’ve never messed with before. Still hoping to find a diamond in the rough. But some of these bowl sets are like $200-400. And I get half of it. don’t have to spend any money. I’m doing manual labor and pricing things. It’ll sit in a booth and people buy it and I get paid and split it with the person that owns the stuff. So far invested nothing but time. EBay still my honey hole. And I have been on three house calls since I started this mission. Three people where They live want me to come over this week and by their old gold jewelry that they don’t wear anymore. I might not make a whole Lotta money off this deal but connecting with up to 175 people in a 55 and older community in Southwest Florida sounds like an awesome opportunity anyway look at it!

Please don’t fight over my glass. I know that some of it’s crappy but if I can turn $.25 into $10, I’m happy with turning something free into five dollars. If that makes sense.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1588350
Now that right there is a horde. A tiny teeny little bit of it. Besides the 85 tervis cups (which by the way a lot of think 25 sold for 200 and some dollars on eBay keep that mind) there’s over 100 pieces of fire king and probably 200 pieces of pie Pyrex. Including 2 Snoopy mug and a bunch of sets of mixing bowls. And this is only a tiny piece. Right now we’re just trying to get anything out of there that we can make some money on and set up in a booth. And then I have a couple dealers lined up to come in and buy the rest and then having company clean out everything else.
Got some lamps too. Are usually don’t deal with lamps but these look like they’re worth a little bit.
View attachment 1588352

Overall this is a pain in the butt cleaning out this house. Four days gave it hell and there still a Tonna stuff there. Friend of mine has really done an awesome job and there still a ton of stuff there. So at the end of the day, hope we make some money and learn about something I’ve never messed with before. Still hoping to find a diamond in the rough. But some of these bowl sets are like $200-400. And I get half of it. don’t have to spend any money. I’m doing manual labor and pricing things. It’ll sit in a booth and people buy it and I get paid and split it with the person that owns the stuff. So far invested nothing but time. EBay still my honey hole. And I have been on three house calls since I started this mission. Three people where They live want me to come over this week and by their old gold jewelry that they don’t wear anymore. I might not make a whole Lotta money off this deal but connecting with up to 175 people in a 55 and older community in Southwest Florida sounds like an awesome opportunity anyway look at it!

Please don’t fight over my glass. I know that some of it’s crappy but if I can turn $.25 into $10, I’m happy with turning something free into five dollars. If that makes sense.

Hey man free money is good money...

Unless there is a string attached... but yeah. heh

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525915473.877591.jpg

In other picker news, these ugly tervis cups sell upwards of $100 or more if they’re in the bigger ones. With confetti. Be on the lookout for them!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also dug these out today. Again there’s so much in my van. but these ones are nice.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525917383.589468.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525917452.534598.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525917475.372837.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i thought snoopy was better for fire king. Dang!
The Red Baron cup is the good one. Nice set of nesting bowls. Worth about $100 on the bay.

If you get tired of that other guy on here flaming your thread just report him. I think he has a drinking problem or a mental health issue. He obviously has something going on.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that old glass, I would have rehoarded it if I lived closer:). To bad you can’t put it in a time capsule, I think people will be looking hard for these items in about 100 years. It sure takes work! People like what they like. Did you find any blue jadite fireking? The blue glass not the white with frosted blue is very popular! You probably already know that. I sure liked Flintlocks idea of selling in lots, which I need to do, or dig a time capsule for my great great grandkids! I hope there is some diamonds in there for you all!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525989349.229200.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525989364.399191.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525989379.914170.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525989390.549433.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525989402.372673.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525989416.836914.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525989429.891728.jpg

After about six days of working this is what we came up with. My van is still full and I still have a ton of stuff to get out of the house and still a ton of stuff packed up this is our little get together for Mother’s Day weekend. As of right now we have a $20 profit. Which is good still a couple more weeks in the month so we’ll see how it goes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread