May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This brings back memories as a child in the 70’s walking to school and passing the Ebenezer Flagg company store window on Spring street in Newport RI. The owner was a very nice old man at the time and would talk to me when I would go in the store although he tended to be a tad cranky. Cool find and thanks for the walk down memory lane.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a deal! I’ve been to Newport many times and is one of our favorite places.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

Neat. The flag is a “Red Ensign” (popularly known in the navy as the “Red Duster”), flown by British merchant or passenger ships since 1707 and, in that style (without the red saltire of Saint Patrick for Ireland), until 1800. The aspect ratio of the Union Flag is square rather than rectangular, which indicates it to be the version used in British America (including the Thirteen Colonies). It’s a relatively modern piece though. The Ebenezer Flagg company was started by Leo Waring in Newport, RI in 1975 to make flags for the upcoming bicentennial. The business was later owned by one of its former employees, Bert Duguay. I believe they went out of business in the early part of this Century.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions