Rainy Sunday find Seiko Chrono 6138 John Player special

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a bag of watches, 90% are low end except this Seiko, a Tissot Seastar, and a few others. Unfortunately, it will need a completely restoration. The wonderful thing is that it works, but not the second hand, chrono, stem/crown is broken, and finally the crystal. Thank you for your opinions and comments. They are appreciated as always.

artslinger JP1.jpg JP2.jpg JP3.jpg JP4.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome watch. I see someone selling the hands on eBay for $22. It is definitely one worth getting fixed.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art let me know when you list it. I am interested.

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art let me know when you list it. I am interested.

Hi Jim, I listed it yesterday. There is a bid on it. I was going to list for $1, but saw that e**y recommended $175. I was thinking that that was for an all functions, and in top condition watch. Thank you.

artslinger

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a bad score already...but I’m going to need you to take better pictures in the future. LOL. You didn’t do any really good closeups. Those money shots will bring in the bidders. But obviously you will do well regardless. You already have!

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad score already...but I’m going to need you to take better pictures in the future. LOL. You didn’t do any really good closeups. Those money shots will bring in the bidders. But obviously you will do well regardless. You already have!

No doubt about it. That is one of my biggest frustrations, the flash. I know I also have to upgrade to a better camera, and set up a nice staging area. Thanks for the advice. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread