BANG! Not sound you want to hear!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend of mine and I’ve been cleaning a house for a couple days. Friends of mine just bought it. Today 1 800 got junk came in and took out a bunch crap out. I’m sitting outside with owners just kind of looking through things as they bring it out.

The cleanup crews in the bedroom and I hear a loud BANG! And thought what the hell was that? A couple seconds later the smoke detector starts going off. I run in the house, smoke everywhere smells like a fire. I figure the air-conditioning broke and it's on fire....

Nope the original owner had a book cut out for a gun and when they picked it up a flare gun fell out. When the gun hit the floor it went off and shot a flair out that started bouncing around the bedroom. Went out the door and down the hall. Put six burn holes in the wood floor about the size of a pancake and then they grabbed a bunch water and threw it on top of it....

The guy said the flair hit the wall twice and the floor at least three times before going out the door. I can’t believe no one got burned! The one guy working, it was his second day on the job!!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unexpected early fireworks!

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Glad nobody got hurt. Can you imagine the look on a bugular's face staring at the mouth of a flare gun? Good luck.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost a lawsuit opportunity for someone!

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crazy lol. Kinda makes one afraid of opening unknown books, geez.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. lol! It's funny since no one got hurt. I've never found a real cut out book. I have a few fake cut out books though.

BTW- That book is worth a few bucks, if it didn't burn up.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. lol! It's funny since no one got hurt. I've never found a real cut out book. I have a few fake cut out books though.

BTW- That book is worth a few bucks, if it didn't burn up.

It got thrown out. The guy was kinda upset after he nearly crapped himself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread