HOLY SUBAQUA!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
While not necessarily a garage sale find, this is pretty close. I search garage sales, swap meets, craigslist, offer up, mercari, and a few other smaller apps for any kinds of watches or jewelry. Last Thursday night I came across this add on offer up:

IMG_5275.PNG

Now, having sold these before for $30-40, I knew I could make some money. As I learned from my CRH days, always buy them all, don't leave anything on the table. Guy tells me he has over 100... Alright, well, I'm skeptical but still interested. He says he still has some of the watches too. I said I would love to come take a look.

He tells me he has roughly 250 watches, with 90-95% of them being invictas. My buddy and I go over to his house to check everything else. Spend a few hours inspecting, authenticating, and recording the model numbers and what not. Spend that nigh doing a bunch of research. After some negotiation, we settle on $6100 for the lot. There were 235 watches, with 155 invictas, and most of the watches were new. And there are also over 100 cases remember.

Next morning I buy everything. Probably one of my best buys I've had so far. They were helping a friend liquidate an estate. They started with over 650 watches, and there were only 235 left, all the others had been picked through. I figure I can sell everything that is here for $20,000-25,000. I can't even imagine getting a shot at the whole collection. Probably could have paid for my masters degree with it! haha.

Here are a few pictures after moving everything to my house. Watches on the shelf are non-invictas. Decided to get rid of all those first. Some of the invictas are gonna be 200-300 dollars a piece. I've bought a lot of stuff over the year, but I think this one is the best buy I've ever had.

IMG_5272.JPG
IMG_5257.JPG
IMG_5261.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG

And to top things off, I bought this Omega Seamaster Big Wave James Bond off a craigslist add of mine the same day I found the add for the watch cases! This has been a fantastic month for me! And I'm a huge Omega junkie if you guys didn't know. I have a 120m, 150m, NZL, and a few vintage ones in my collection, but not a James Bond, not yet!

55016040409__CE3A5BCE-FF8E-4CBF-9D81-200D35DF470F.JPG

Just thought I'd share the story with all of you guys. Although I'm not as active on the forums as much as I used to be, I still enjoy reading all the stories and threads. I'll keep you guys posted on the status of the collection and how I end up fairing off all of it.

HH

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this post via google. I thought you said my collection was worth maybe 10K?! I need some more cash...

Bahahah great pick my friend. That is a crazy watch haul. Gotta pony up some cash if you're gonna make some cash!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a LOT of Invictas!! I would bundle them into box sets and sell with the boxes. Instant collections.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions