Probably overpaid

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still learning about pottery so I picked this up for $20 only because of the look it has a signature on the bottom but I cannot make it out does anybody know the style of this vase or can figure out the signature would be greatly appreciate it
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532787350.115540.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532787366.093845.jpg

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rounded flat bottom would tell me this is machine molded I find that most valuable pots have legible makers marks or signatures, and are well documented in books and online. If you like it you did not over pay If you bought it as an opportunity, don't hold your breath! Cheers

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a North Carolina pottery collector I can tell you that the hype over pottery seems to be dying down. Stuff is definitely not selling and when it does it is not going for what it used to. I’ve gotten to the point where I consider most pottery even handmade signed pieces decorative. That being said I agree with Trdking. He is definitely on the mark .

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a North Carolina pottery collector I can tell you that the hype over pottery seems to be dying down. Stuff is definitely not selling and when it does it is not going for what it used to. I’ve gotten to the point where I consider most pottery even handmade signed pieces decorative. That being said I agree with Trdking. He is definitely on the mark .

Yeah that’s probably why I will never buy another piece of pottery

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Bill Campbell. Depending on the size, color and crystallization they can do okay. The bigger ones, with very large crystal patterns do better than the primarily drip-type patterns. My guess would be that's worth about what you paid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread