IMG_5285.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 104

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a teetotum.

Driedal type spinner. Go ahead ,spin that thing between your thumb and index finger to get it going. Let it wobble eventually by itself ,then fall.
Might be for a put take game.

0 is showing in the right picture,that means take nothing from the pot. (Pot starts from players ante's,plus from when they land on a P "put".) The P3 showing in your picture would be put 3 in the pot.
To the far left showing in the one picture is T2 . Which is take 2 from pot.

I don't know what the star is . Jewish symbol maybe. TA=take all is indicated as one face on some put take spinners. Maybe the star means that.

Due to the star ,for further research I'd suggest looking up Jewish Driedal dies. Or spinners. Ect.

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought dreidels only had 4 sides and the instructions are typically in Hebrew.

But I think you are right about it being a spinning game piece of some sort.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought dreidels only had 4 sides and the instructions are typically in Hebrew.

Then...call it a teetotum.
Had one made from hydraulic fittings ,but no star on it. Hours of entertaining gambling for glass beads.
Unless there is a TA/take all elsewhere ,the star could substitute.(?)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a game spinner piece or perhaps a charm (looks like a loop at the top). Nice find! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread