Need some opinions

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a chance to purchase a Bolivia D case watch I only fined two prices on it and one of them was brand new with paper work anyone with a little more information I believe it’s a very rare watch looking for a fair price to pay
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534073625.830659.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534073646.860565.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks water damaged? I would pay no more than $25 if it’s not working. If working, maybe $50.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks water damaged? I would pay no more than $25 if it’s not working. If working, maybe $50.

It works and keeps time just fine The only corrosion I seen was on the battery the front does look like it has some type of mold or something it deafly needs to be cleaned and serviced thanks for your opinion

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the watch...very unique design. IMHO: If it works, can be cleaned and a new battery installed (area needs cleaning) I'd offer between $50 - $ 75 dollars. I am sure it's worth more, but it does need a bit of work and not being a watch repairman, do not know the repair cost.

Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its working its not water damaged. The Accutron movement is worth the $50 Buy it as cheap as you can

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I’ll have to pass on it I don’t think he’ll come down that low he’s asking 150

Dapman

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you’ll be making a mistake by not buying it. There’s a reason you can’t find much info on it and that usually means $$$ when it comes to these types of watches. Also, I’m not sure if the dial is damaged like others have said - the dial on this watch is for this model only and others I have seen have the same type of ‘pattern’

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have jumped on that so fast! It’s a rare model and very collectible.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That watch is a rare find. Wouldn't be hard to find a donor watch with a good 218 movement to replace that one, but I'm only seeing a cruddy looking battery in the picture, but I wouldn't rule out any other possible issues going on with it. Is anyone making a deal on this ?

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That watch is a rare find. Wouldn't be hard to find a donor watch with a good 218 movement to replace that one, but I'm only seeing a cruddy looking battery in the picture, but I wouldn't rule out any other possible issues going on with it. Is anyone making a deal on this ?

Yes I finally made a deal on it I hesitated and almost lost the opportunity (still second-guessing my actions) but time will tell as he was going to keep it for himself because it’s working it’s been keeping time for the last couple days as far as I can tell all it really needs is a dial cleaning it looks like some kind of fungus or something growing I just hope it not water didn’t get in there
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534466611.224296.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534466625.408034.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it does look like it got wet at some point. Keep your eye open for a possible good movement and dial that could come along on eBay. I don't know for sure, but Bulova may have put that same combination of movement and color of dial in other models?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id wear it as is. Or sell it as is. If I were to resell. Thats an awesome looking one. Id keep it though.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guarantee you won’t lose money on it. If you can’t get any offers for it, i will buy it from you for $150.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread