Finally, a good watch find to talk about

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Ok, have always been a little envious of all the good watch finds here. Finally it was my turn I guess. $2 bag at a yard sale.
I could not find values or models/ years on some so any help would be appreciated.
L-R
Endura winder, not running
Endura calendar, winder, running
Girard Perragaux, winder, running, unable to find model and year, very interested in help on this
Stellaris, battery, needs battery
Bullova, gold case (yeehaw), not running (bummer), unable to find info, very interested in help on this
Sears alarm, has been running but needs work, alarm works, cool watch, need help on this one

And a gold filled ladies band of high quality.

Ok, I am not a watch collector or geek so any help is appreciated. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205497.357325.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205519.755984.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205554.590752.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205582.325709.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205644.595785.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205660.712301.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205681.797468.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536205706.499324.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 bucks says ya did good in my mind.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think you did alright.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great finds! I’m dying to hear what the watch ppl have to say here. The turquoise circle on that watch dial is cool. Maybe it’s rare.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never forget my first Seiko chronograph. I always ask the ladies at yard sales if they any gold, silver or wristwatches for sale because they neglect to put them out. She said "Yeah maybe so." She comes back with a heavy bundle of white chalky stuff in her hand and handed it to me. Just by the weight I new it was something good, so I asked her what she'd like to have for it. My heart flipped a little when she said "Two Dollars". I didn't even look till I got back in the car. It had obviously been dropped in a bucket of sheet rock compound. I wiped a wet finger across the chrystal
and nearly had the big one. A Viet Nam era Seiko chronograph with a brown dial, and it was running.
Best wishes for another great find.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need better pictures but all are great watches. If you can post clearer pictures of the Bulova and Girard Perregaux That would be helpful

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get that accutron running and tell everyone you got a Hummer! These two up top here are the value. I have never seen a Barked case on an accutron. Way to go!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRBeyer

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
Get that auction running and tell everyone you got a Hummer! These two up top here are the value. I have never seen a Barked case on an accutron. Way to go!

Sorry, don’t know the model, year, or value on either of these. Same for the Sears alarm watch. Thanks for the description of “barked” as that does describe the texture of the Accutron. And, what do you mean by Hummer?

OP
OP
MRBeyer

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
Found the Bulova is from 1972, still haven’t found more info or price. The unique thing is the watch face. Price is all over so until I can find out more I am not sure about listing it. May have to take it in for service before listing it. The Girard Perragaux is late50- early 60 17jewel. Need to get back cover removed to check case composition. Looks like normal cased GPs run mid 200s on eBay.

Any ideas on getting the Bulova serviced

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do what you want, but I'd be looking more at just the gold value of the Bulova, being it's a ladies model. It's really not worth putting more cash into it in my opinion.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately the Accutron is a ladies watch. Probably only worth the gold value. The GP is a nice 1940-50 watch. It should bring some good money.

OP
OP
MRBeyer

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
Well, tend to agree with both of you. Was hoping for more but still a wonderful find. Any thoughts on the collectibility of the Sears alarm watch.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, tend to agree with both of you. Was hoping for more but still a wonderful find. Any thoughts on the collectibility of the Sears alarm watch.
Hard to say, but an alarm function is an additional complication over a standard mechanical watch. I guess if the movement was made by a notable maker that could be a factor in the value? I'm seeing what I believe is an alarm wristwatch with the two crowns, but I'm unable to expand the image. Also it looks as if the 12, 3, 6 and 9 chapters are in their on windows and I'm thinking that watch may just flip to a 24 hr function and then show a 24, 15, 18 and 21 in those windows after midnight?. If that's the case it then makes that watch a very interesting piece.

Last edited:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Sears watch one time. It was a Gruen, I got a really good Gruen!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, don’t know the model, year, or value on either of these. Same for the Sears alarm watch. Thanks for the description of “barked” as that does describe the texture of the Accutron. And, what do you mean by Hummer?
The early Accutron escape is a tuning fork between two coils so when it is running you put it up to your ear and hear it Hum BZZZZZZZ

OP
OP
MRBeyer

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
Thank you for all your effort. Found all of them. Also, will keep everyone posted. They go on eBay today.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The early Accutron escape is a tuning fork between two coils so when it is running you put it up to your ear and hear it Hum BZZZZZZZ

Those are fun to work on! I use to be able to check and change coils around. I sold or gave all that stuff away. Really cool movements to take apart and look at. I could hear that high pitch hum and had to hide them at night....It drove me nuts, :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread