14kt Gold Jules Jurgensen at garage sale, but no score at beach metal detecting!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all. I got up really early, and drove to the beach with the plan to garage sale hunt, then do a little metal detecting, afterwards. I hit some sales early but no luck. I kept driving and ended up 10 miles away from my intended stop to MDetect. I thought about it, and turned around, and headed to the beach. On my way there, I spotted a garage sale sign and decided to stop and ask. The seller brought out a bag, we made the deal, and I continued to the beach. Yes, I was dying of curiosity, so I decided to stop and look at the watches. To my amazement, out comes this JJ in 14 kt Gold and this Caravelle Open Heart. The JJ is a manual, working beautifully, and in excellent condition, minus a few scratches. One very nice feature is that it has the sticks for markers, but on top of the sticks are numbers. The crown is signed JJ.

I then continued my drive to the beach, but no score there. I'm new to detecting, and can't quite understand the detector. It frustrated me because it was throwing off a lot of signals. :) As always, your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

artslinger
20180908_102125.jpg 20180908_102131.jpg 20180908_153259.jpg 20180908_153328.jpg 20180908_153314.jpg

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeet! Watches are both a score. I think I always do better picking than detecting, but nothing beats that thrill of pulling it out of the ground...so still a split my way. Was out detecting three hours in the wee hours this morning - turned up one silver rosie. Picking in south jersey probably did $1800. What detector are you using?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome JJ in not too shabby on the Caravelle! As for beach detecting it sounds like you’re using a detector that doesn’t work on wet sand. What kind of Detectors do you have

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good job.nice watches.Congrats

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to all. I appreciate it. I've picked up several detectors at garage sales. Two need batteries, and another is the newer one that confused me. I have a White's Coinmaster 6000/Di series 3 (needs battery), a Garrett Electronics BFO All Purpose Money Hunter (needs battery), and finally a Bounty hunter Elite 2200. The Bounty Hunter is the newer one. The other two are probably stone age detectors. I really want to find one that I can use several feet in the water at the beach. Thoughts and recommendations would be truly appreciated. Thank you.

artslinger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions