Who knows about Glorious Windsor Cast Iron Wood Stoves? Looking for info & values

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows about Glorious Windsor Cast Iron Wood Stoves? Looking for info & values

A friend of mine owns a wood burning stove thats no longer being used so i'm looking for information before she allows it to be sold. Info seems pretty scarce but i wanted to tap into every bodies collective knowledge and see who knows about stoves. Maybe there is a book or forum i can turn her onto for more info.

Its a Glorious Windsor and appears to be completely original. From the light blue paint, nickel finish trim, urn shaped topper and mica door window, it all looks good with the correct amount of honest wear to appear 100% original.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as requested. Its in beautiful condition

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 807

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea as to the value of the stove but it is not only Glorious but Gorgeous and one that a Home Decorator would grab up in a New York jiffy! It is something a Home Decorator would want if decorating a cozy little cottage or cabin or going with a unique antique look. It needs to be listed on eBay if possible as that is where it will get the most interest. She could even try contacting some of the Home Decorators on TV as they would love to have that stove.

Added: If found this one on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/530003835/antique-parlor-stove-pot-belly-stove) that is a Plain Jane but very pricey, not sure they are worth that much.

Last edited:

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Normally you see the name on the face. Has this one been restored or repainted?

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally you see the name on the face. Has this one been restored or repainted?

No idea. It was in the house they purchased from an very old couple that were moving to Florida. As you see it is how it was installed in the house. There isn't much info about these stoves so i don't have any way to confirm factory colors/finish.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the blue "could" be original because they did make them in that color. At least the cook stove I found by the same company has a matching color. Nice that it has the finial still. No real idea on value, I could guess $500-$750 but that's all it is, a guess.

A little info. on the maker... The Glorious Windsor stove was manufactured by Lakeside Foundry of Chicago, a company owned and operated by Montgomery Ward between c. 1904 and c. 1920. The foundry was actually located in Erie, PA, not Chicago, but the headquarters was listed at 618 W. Chicago St., the address of the Montgomery Ward Catalog House. It's counterpart sold for $609 in 2012... https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1900-porcelain-cast-iron-291707093

vintage-1900-porcelain-cast-iron_1_ceaa860163929fe03e995ae7e3422a3c.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread