Not Much To Brag About Lately But A Couple...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's a combination of being too busy working to go to sales and barely any sales worth going to when I do have the time. I haven't been out to sales in about a month. I did manage a couple little finds today though. I got a couple twin size Pendleton Blankets (never used) with a little embroidery saying on each. Paid $25 for the pair. I think they will get $50 each on the low end.

IMG_7944 (1138x1280).jpg IMG_7947 (1280x1080).jpg

I also found this Goebel mouse or rat at a yard sale for $5. A little unusual, because he is a hard to find piece and this is the 2nd one I've found in the past year. The last one I sold right after Christmas last year and got $34.99 for it. My old listing... https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-goebel-mouse-rat-porcelain-1905053879
I'm gonna try for the same price this time.

IMG_7930 (1280x1004).jpg

I picked up this colorful Polish crystal Adam Jablonski Handkerchief vase for $1. Should be good for $40-$50.

IMG_7953 (1280x976).jpg IMG_7963 (1280x959).jpg

I bought this ostrich egg on a brass (Victorian style) dolphins stand. The egg I thought was painted at first but they are actually small ostrich feathers under a clear coated glaze. Paid $2.

IMG_7974 (918x1280).jpg

About a month ago I went to an estate sale and bought a few things that escape my memory at the moment. However, this was one of them...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Stands about 5" tall. I paid $5 for it. I believe it is probably a fake or modern made piece but that's okay. I kind of bought it to compare to the green jade piece I have that I believe is authentic. I don't know how many of you read my thread here...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/582221-pre-columbian-artifacts-display-eagle-knight-head.html
I also mentioned it here with my thoughts on why I believe it's fake... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...8-pre-columbian-jade-penates.html#post5939356

Anyway that's it for now. Thanks for looking. Replies appreciated.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey diggum I like what you do. I’ve never hit yard sales but I appreciate your eye on things. I really really like that egg. Beautiful [emoji1360]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have never "hit" yard sales, but maybe I should! Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff. I got nothing today.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your ostrich egg gave me a laugh. Having grown up on a farm with a few chickens, when I saw your description of painted feathers on your find and thought it must of "tickled" on the way out..... The way it's painted though, it could go for a Christmas/Winter table decoration as from a distance the feathers could pass for pine cones.

Good finds!:angel3:

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread