Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be worth having them authenticated if you have reason to believe they are real. The signatures look good, but I wouldn't even hazard a guess from just pics on the computer.

After looking at it again, the "To Mrs. Weber" would give me pause. Weird how the signatures look pretty good, but that part was traced over a second time, like someone added that themself.

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check them. I could imagine a parent having a few people sign a photograph to give to their kid to make their day back during Beatlemania.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The authentic ones seem to have Paul not smiling as much as your photo. There is an authentic one for sale here for $60,000. Some info on it...

The Beatles Autographs - Presented by Frank Caiazzo - Photographs

In the spring of 1963, in his Wardour Street studios in London, photographer Dezo Hoffmann held a photo session with The Beatles that produced the single most iconic image of the band ever taken: the classic seated collarless suits portrait that was used on countless pieces of memorabilia and sent around the world for publicity purposes. Even Capitol Records used the photo numerous times for the picture covers of its American single and EP releases. The date of the photo session varies. Hoffmann himself claimed that it was taken on May 17, 1963, while The Beatles London book by Mark Lewisohn, Piet Schreuders and Adam Smith states that the session took place three weeks earlier -- between April 22nd and 27th. Regardless of the date, the seated photo remains the most reproduced image of the group ever.

DezoLargePhotoPH1a.jpg

Last edited:

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be “personalized” on the top middle.... leading me to believe it is not a standard facsimile..... I would get a jewelers loupe and examine closer. If you still can’t determine if it’s real or fake.....Send in to get authenticated... *I’d use PSA/DNA or Becket..... PSA/DNA will be more expensive though probably about $100-175. Good find and keep us posted🤞

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it out of the frame and inspect it closely please. Use a loupe or magnifying glass to compare it to the obvious added personalized lettering. Also compare it to the photo printing itself. Flip it over and look for paper type or if there are any indentations in the paper from the ball point pen/s. Please reply back with your results.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Subscribing. I don't have too much of a problem with the over-lettering of Mrs. Webber. She might have been so proud of it that she wanted her name a little more bold... Paul could have written the 'To Mrs. Webber' would have to find a letter written around the same period and compare letters. I like the look of this thing. Obvious to me that it's four completely different writing styles. Darn good fake...? Thanks for posting!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think it's either an excellent fake, or the real deal. The George Harrison is spot on, Paul's big loopy "L" and the scribble in McCartney, how the y trails off in McCartney, even the "H" in john lennon all look good to me. Can't tell with Ringo's either way, but he consistently signed on himself while the others used the white space.

Also the fact that it's on a slight variation of the classic photo is interesting, almost makes it seem more legitimate to me but I'm not sure why.

OP
OP
pigeonman

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry for not replying,been out of town on family business,not had a chance to find someone to authenticate as i am in South Jersey and finding someone to do that i'am sure will be tough.any suggestions? the photo is a glossy type.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread