Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't signed or numbered, so it seems to be an open edition print. I'm no expert, but I don't think it holds a lot of value. You might want to check out some of the groups on facebook that ID and value art work.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Interesting piece.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a cool print, nice find! :occasion14:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
It isn't signed or numbered, so it seems to be an open edition print. I'm no expert, but I don't think it holds a lot of value. You might want to check out some of the groups on facebook that ID and value art work.

I agree. It is a decorative piece, probable value, $300 to $500 if you can find an auction house that will sell it (they generally won't sell anything under a few thousand dollars).

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hebrew symbols in the sun is the tetragrammaton and is widely acknowledged to be the name of God

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

The original for this work was a 1956 etching by the Belarusian-French early modernist artist Marc Chagall (1887-1985) titled “Le Buisson Ardent” (The Burning Bush). There’s an original here, priced at £1500 (£1911):

Chagall.jpg

https://www.goldmarkart.com/products/le-buisson-ardent-the-burning-bush

The original was in monochrome, and yours says it has been hand coloured in 1960 (but unlikely to have been done by the artist), as well as being given an alternate title of “God reveals himself to Moses”. I would assume this is from one of the many subsequent print runs for the work, and coloured by a commercial seller.

I don’t know what it’s worth, but there is a subsequent work of a similar nature with the addition of an angel, titled “Then the Angel of the Lord Appeared to him” which is more usually sold as a colour print, with various alternate titles and a date of 1966. Prices for limited editions are usually in the region $50-$70:

Chagall1.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145003878594

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread