Memosail & Franck Mueller Watch

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sales have been sparse in my neck of the woods but today has redeemed the slump.

The Franck Mueller came from a church sale and is most likely a fake but for a dollar I couldn’t pass it up. Reproductions sell for a decent amount so I’ll see where it takes me.

The memosail was a new name to me but once I saw the Swiss Made, I had to buy it. Turns out my hunch was correct. It’s going to need a bit of restoration work but I think it will clean up nicely.

Does anybody know where I can source a crystal for the Memo? Are they generic or manufacturer specific?

Attachments

• 5E3DBF53-9E17-4B26-A3A0-FA185422F57B.jpeg
    5E3DBF53-9E17-4B26-A3A0-FA185422F57B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct and this is one of the most frequently faked. They look very good so you will probably have to remove the screws from the back and have a look at the movement. It will be obvious either way. You have a very good chance of having the crystal removed and having it matched by size and lip, or just contact the factory for parts. Nice deals

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any right sized crystal will work. Take it to a good watchmaker for about 40 bucks

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct and this is one of the most frequently faked. They look very good so you will probably have to remove the screws from the back and have a look at the movement. It will be obvious either way. You have a very good chance of having the crystal removed and having it matched by size and lip, or just contact the factory for parts. Nice deals

Oh yeah, I opened up the Mueller and compared it to my actual original Mueller I own. I guess they started cutting costs and are now using plastic supports in the new watches lol.

It’s an obvious fake but it looks like people will still pay decent money for them. The movement is a cheapie automatic and it’s held time well. Like I said, it was a dollar and I was 99% sure it was a fake but considering the area I was in, there was that 1% chance of a real one slipping past and getting sold. Stranger things have happened.....

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any right sized crystal will work. Take it to a good watchmaker for about 40 bucks

I’ll have to track one down since my jeweler isn’t doing watch repairs anymore.

Is there a specific strap these watches came with? Fabric? Rubber? It has a very flimsy fabric/Velcro strap that I would like to replace it with something similar to what Tudors are sporting when new but I don’t want to stray too far from original.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll have to track one down since my jeweler isn’t doing watch repairs anymore.

Is there a specific strap these watches came with? Fabric? Rubber? It has a very flimsy fabric/Velcro strap that I would like to replace it with something similar to what Tudors are sporting when new but I don’t want to stray too far from original.

I would put it on a nice NATO strap

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool finds

Top Member Reactions