May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit day 2 of an estate sale that had an Atmos clock advertised. I figured it was probably gone and I was right but I absolutely did not expect to find this watch still for sale for $25 on day two! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a Chronograph and a 1940’s Pierce Monopusher at that in absolutely awesome condition except for it wasn’t running and a cracked Crystal. The case and dial are like new. This is a very rare in house caliber 130 movement and not an easy watch to find in good condition and running. I already contacted my watchmaker and he has worked on these before and is willing to service it. I am sending it out for repair on Monday. I also found a May 1941 ad for the watch which I uploaded. My watch is actually a 17 jewel version which was the better movement than the advertised seven jewel one. These were heavily marketed to soldiers and especially WWII pilots. I am super thrilled to add it to my World War II watch collection.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1549165959.549081.jpg

Pierce Chrono.png

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think $14.95 was really chump change when that ad was published, but great price for new a Swiss chronograph for sure. I saw an old early 1950s Sears and Roebuck catalog in an antique store once and they had new 18k gold Patek Phillippe's and Vacheron Constantine's you could buy for like $385.00.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great watch

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice save! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad news. My watchmaker said he thought it was missing a few parts and couldn’t work on it. Might be going on eBay as a parts watch. :(.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was finally able to locate someone to service the Pierce and get it back into running condition. It came out gorgeous for a watch from the 1930s! What a survivor. It was a huge investment but worth every penny. Zoom into the photo to see how crisp the dial is. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565403148.377484.jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a save..... Looks like a new watch now.

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super handsome! I bet the repair guy gets a kick out of working on great watches like that! (financial reward aside.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread