May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swung by an estate sale early this morning that had photographed a bunch of watches but I could see most were fake Rolexes, Panerai and Invictas. I got there early but didn’t realize they had online registration so I was so far down on the list so I couldn’t get in till almost 730. One guy had already picked through the watches and he was checking out every Rolex, Patek Philippe and Panerai with a loop. I could tell immediately they were low-quality fakes so I started picking up the other watches. I grabbed a Casio, fossil chronograph, timex Mickey Mouse, US Army Benrus military watch and a LL Bean Hamilton chronograph. Most watches were $10 each except the luxury watches which were $50 each and the Timex $5. I shook the Benrus and the Hamilton and was shocked to see that they were manual watches. Turns out the LL Bean Hamilton has a Valjoux 7750 automatic movement. I also got seven or eight genuine exotic leather Watch straps but I had to pass on the genuine elephant skin ones they had. Didn’t feel right. Anyway I took the LL Bean and put it on one of the ostrich leather straps I bought and it looks great. The eBay comps on this watch has been $800 to $1000. A great way to start the weekend. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550275644.866307.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550275656.316895.jpg

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang what a score

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice save/score, congrats! :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's a really nice watch find. Good job!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, beautiful L.L. Chrono. What a surprise that was. Congratulations on that spectacular find.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy. You should move down here to swfl. Sales every weekend. Id never thing llbean would be something special.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread