What are you getting on scrap pm?

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I get 85% at my local buy gold place. Anything higher and I have to provide tax id as a vendor. But I mostly use them to “X-ray” my jewelry and sell scrap pieces. I sell to a buddy for about 90% if they are good pieces. eBay is slow for gold. Silver is slightly faster.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 85% at my local buy gold place. Anything higher and I have to provide tax id as a vendor. But I mostly use them to “X-ray” my jewelry and sell scrap pieces. I sell to a buddy for about 90% if they are good pieces. eBay is slow for gold. Silver is slightly faster.

Silver on eBay is gold. Gold on eBay is superrrrrrr slow. Like they want for spot or less. Im getting 90% on silver paying 85% to the guys. Gold, 98%, paying 75-90. Lower biased on if I delt with them before

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
90% on silver and 98% on Gold is pretty good!! I haven't heard of anything better. We use to get 99% on gold at 100dwt or more. But that had a $150 fee. Then of course the "melt loss" that is never consistent. So I'm not sure how much better you can do scrapping than what your getting. :laughing7:

I don't know how much volume your moving and it's none of my business. But if you are moving enough and get hooked up with a good refiner you can sell it on the phone to them and they will transfer the money into your account within a couple hours. BUT you have to send it within 24 hours of the phone call. When the price was jumping around we could call and lock at any time during the day, get the money fast, then send at the end of the day or the next morning. So, we always kept the same refiner since they worked with us. You can work deals with them too....Like..We will send our scrap in trade for coin, gold or silver. Then your just trading and not actually "selling"...This works out for obvious reasons......... I'm not sure that there are any places paying any more than what your getting. Actually the silver is better now, at that time about the most you could get was 85% no matter how you worked the numbers. Usually only 80%...That's on scrap..Not .999

Last edited:

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I sent out years ago was midwest refineries, they paid me 90% outright on the true silver weight, no other fees or refinery loss. I was really happy with what I got, hopefully they're still as good as I remember, as I got a mountain of stuff to send out once prices recover
HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread