diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you already know, most of you probably don't, my wife passed away on Jan. 5, less than 30 days after the doctors notified her that she was terminally ill. I've been dealing with (and still am) that and everything else that goes with losing your best friend and the love of your life for the past near 20 years.

I finally managed to muster the mental strength to go to a sale this past weekend. The first one I've been to since Oct. or Nov. maybe. It was a small junky type estate sale in a transient type of neighborhood where the neighbors are hit and miss on the sketchy scale, lol. At any rate I found a few items, paid $30 for everything from a so called "estate sale company". Should recoup that on the sunglasses alone.

Good to know I still have it in me, but very sad that I don't have my baby to share it with or go with me to sales anymore. I hope I can find it in me to start listing again on ebay. That is my goal this week. Thanks for looking everyone and god bless.

Here are the Ray Bans (New Wayfarers), a female employee badge (Whitehead& Hoag) value $10?, and a 2nd edition of the AA big book, 14th printing value $30-$50.

IMG_8876 (1024x558).jpg

Miami Dolphins Felt Pennant from Super Bowl VI. Value?, has some age spots and a couple small tack holes. But for $3 it was a no brainer.

IMG_8874 (1024x602).jpg

A vintage Beatles tray. Not mint, but still pretty good condition. It was $5, value somewhere between $20 and $30 probably.

IMG_8877 (1024x938).jpg

Last but not least is this funky rainbow neon rain lamp with black light. Needs a little dusting is all. Last one sold for $100. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-black-light-responsive-1925500871

IMG_8880 (600x1024).jpg

IMG_8875 (1024x574).jpg

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mrs. Looks like you did well at the sale. What do you want for the RayBans? I might be interested in them. Again, sorry to hear about your loss.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beatle's tray is a repro I just found out. That's alright. Live and learn.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure why the Beatle's tray brings a smile...The sound of screaming happy fans maybe.

Good on you getting up and getting out and getting some stock to peddle. No it ain't the same. Keep doin something/anything requiring focus on a different aspect of steady daily thought temporarily anyways.

Looking to getting out more here as the weather improves and sales start up.
Repaired the last couple Coleman lantern scores , and ready for another. Or more. Price factors though. And good ones have gone up in price by savvy sellers due to a variety of factors.
Those that need work give me more to do / ( focus on ) besides acquiring them.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't say I know exactly what you're going through but I'm getting there. In January my wife was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's just 2 weeks after her 55th birthday. On the one hand I feel fortunate that we have more time to spend together. On the other I've been the primary caregiver the last 3 years for my Mom who also has Alzheimer's & I know what a rough road it is.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear of your loss diggummup. Great finds and glad to see that you’re back out there.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
diggmmup, ,lost my wife to cancer on the 24th of March. I am going to get back out there as soon as the sake start up again. got to do something to get me head screwed on straight. we had 47 yrs together.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry for your losses guys.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't imagine going through that. Sorry for both of your losses.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sincere condolences to you Diggummup, and also to you Jon Stewart. It must be extremely sad to lose the love of your life, your best friend. Live the rest of your life knowing that you were lucky to have met the one. There are some of us that haven't been so fortunate. Let her soul, spirit, and memory guide you in your next journey, always walking with the memory of that beautiful human being that was part of your life, and made you a better man, a better human being. My condolences once again.

artslinger

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Dig...I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
TRD and Jon...My Thoughts and Prayers are with you too.

Kace

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig... sorry to hear about your loss.

Condolences.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry for your loss and welcome back.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So very sad and sorry for you diggummup. My thoughts and prayers are for you as life moves on. I can't imagine what you feel going forward like that.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your lost loved ones. Speaking from experience, you never get use to it, you just adapt. The good thing is they will always be in your memories.

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Very sorry for your loss :( Can't begin to imagine your pain. Scripture tells us that God has all our days planned before one of them came to be. I'm glad we don't know how many or we would preoccupy our entire lives with that one thought. I think the way that we go has more to do with changing the lives of others around you that knew her and you and all you both did to help others. Please take comfort that one day, through your faith, you ( will, and I mean Will!) be with her again! God Bless! Paul:coffee2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

May God Bless your family.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG....I am so sorry to hear of your wife’s passing. I can’t imagine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread