Best Places To Sell Finds Online?

FloridaHunter

Dec 6, 2004
Florida
Does anyone know any good places to sell online, where they do some or all of the work for you, besides clothes? I buy a lot but often don't have time to sell it all on Ebay and Craigslist. I'd like to find a place that sells all sorts of items and you just send the box of misc stuff. (And does not totally rip you off.) My local consignment shops take very little and are often totally overstocked.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure! Send me your stuff and I'll sell it on Ebay - 10% cut.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve yet to find anyone who would do it for less than 25% of the net (many want 50%)- and that’s on items that sell for at least $100. And it takes 45-60 days to get paid.

It makes sense when you think about it. If they use ebay to sell a $100 item they will net roughly $80 when all is said and done. So they get $20. And that money isn’t clear until the return period and the case period is over.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send a box of stuff? Sounds like amazon FBA. I think we all struggle: buy low now: crap I have to sell it to someone. Buying is the easy part...

OP
OP
F

FloridaHunter

Dec 6, 2004
Florida
Bingo. I love buying and getting great deals. Sometimes when I get home and look at it all I just shake my head. Now I have to take pics, list, find boxes, ship. I love it and hate it at the same time.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay will kill you with fees do an online store

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry, From my past research, I think you're offer is better than most. I read somewhere that similar offers are made but closer to 20 or 25% cut. I might actually be interested at some point, if you were serious 8-)

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a bargin. I was once asked to sell online for a neighbor, after I told him about the fees etc and my % fee (20) he had a garage sale instead.

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some for a friend for awhile. I charged 1/3 after fees. It was great if it was a $80 - $200 item. But some of the items were $25-30. $30 minus fees etc. is $24 so only $8 for me. Not worth my time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread